New S3

SanityClause

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before, found it tonight while surfing on S3's.
Alleged pics of the new S3, engine is apparently a 2.0 TFSI putting out 272bhp.

Linky below.

World Car Fans

I'd agree with you on that, IMO it's just too similar to what the original was like.
I suppose the fact that they are driving the cars uncamouflaged could mean the actual S3 would be different at it's launch.
However it's still going to be a 3 door hatch with the "Audi look" grille, so these have to be close.

No I'm not talking to myself I promise. I had another look into the S3 world and found another page offering info on an RS3.
Main difference would seem to be that they expected a lower powered S3 to use the V6 3.2 engine.

RS3

More rumours. Still I much prefer the styling in the image to the 'S3'.

I notice that link is from a US site and it says the new S3 will use a naturally aspirated 3.2 V6 engine.

Surely that's the same as the A3 3.2 that's already available here?

There does seem to be an awful lot of hype about a new S3 at the moment, but no official Audi announcement yet.

There wasn't a 3.2 V6 in the previous range was there? Makes me wonder how Audi is going to place a new S3.

I doubt an RS3 will rear its head anytime soon because it will possibly take sales away from the RS4. OK, one is a hatch and the other is mid-size saloon but the performance should be on a par.

The new S3 is surely well overdue now though. The new shape A3 has been out for a couple of years and still not a peep from Audi. Don't think it was this long last time round.

I heard the new RS3 was going to be a diesel from the Audi R10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

when i had my MAF meter replaced at audi on Friday the guys in service have told me that the new S3 will have the 3.2 litre engine in it and will produce 300bhp....

They seemed pretty dam sure of it too...

I think until it's released it's all speculation even if you work for Audi, has anyone had a good look at the spy shots on the newer A3 forum? looks interesting, but again even seeing the pics doesn't let you know what it will actually look like when released!

PS... TDi... get back in you diesel box!

I was originally told ages ago, by someone who has been very reliable in terms of information in the past, that the S3 would be a 2.0T car.

But a week or two ago, he said it had been confirmed to him by someone to do with marketing at Audi UK that the car is going to be a 3.6 V6. His words "confirmed".

Personally I don't believe that information.

RE pics, car doesn't look enything special really. Perhaps its because its on normal A3 alloys. But I'm not a fan of that big grill. And those seats, although sporty, don't look like recaros to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AL

I have seem the official info for the new S3 and it is a 2.0T producing around 250 - 260 bhp.

The info was sent to the Audi dealer so they can order one for the showroom. It only showed external colours and alloy types, no pics of the actual car though..

[ QUOTE ]
Did it say when it was an order for? Just wondering as that would have to be after the official launch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'l check tomorrow but I'm sure it was something like Sept/Oct...

I don't understand why they would make the new S3 with 250-260 bhp when the 3.2V6 has 250 bhp. what would be the point in that? :-/

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why they would make the new S3 with 250-260 bhp when the 3.2V6 has 250 bhp. what would be the point in that? :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be lighter for a start and you would hope they would make the power to weight better, the 2.0T should also provide much more torque and you would hope they would also sort it so it's a proper drivers car but the problem is until I actually see on in the showroom in this country I don't think you'll really know what it's going to be.

Latest thing I read in EVO was the S3 was said to have the 3.4 FSI V6 producing 280BHP and the RS3 would be a turbo version of the 3.4.

THing is - I have not heard anything about a 3.4 - only a 3.6.

Personally I HOPE its a 2.0T - give us stacks of modding to do as with the current S3. If it has the handling of the new R32 (Which lapped Topgears track quicker than the 340BHP S4) then it will be an awesome car... lighter and so quicker with a turbo for easy modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Similiar reasoning to Audi's A8 W12 6.0L , and the new S8 V10, very similiar performance but totally different cars to drive.

Probably like pressing the M button on the new M5, hey presto mental mode. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If that's how it's going to look then I am not a fan TBH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

And I think that new S3 will be similar an "exterior S-Line paquet".
Sinceriously, I was waiting for something more attractive.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If that's how it's going to look then I am not a fan TBH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

And I think that new S3 will be similar an "exterior S-Line paquet".
SINCERELY, I was waiting for something more attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I edit myself

Excuse me

Just be told today that the new S3 was present at the 5-day Audi Q7 dealer launch/testing in Tenerife.

Also there was...
S8, with pro-driver fast laps.
S6
RS4 saloon / avant & CAB
R8
new TT
and the new S3.

I am told now, as said before, that it will be 2.0T FSi....260bhp, 350 lbs-ft (?) and 0-60 in 5.7 seconds.

Obviously, I can't say this is 100% correct, but that is what I am told by a usually reliable person.

I'm sure it won't be long before real pics of the new TT and S3 start to appear on the internet.

AL

Parts of that list concur with what the service manager told me today when I dropped my car in this morning. Picked it up having been serviced with new front discs, pads and a £700 bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif