Problems!?!

fps_cod

Reaction score
Hi, i've got a 2001 A3 1.9TDI. I was having problems with the windscreen having condensation and fog covering it whenever I got in, I found that this was because rain was getting into the car through the pollen filter, due to the scuttle panel not sitting correctly. The water would build up and run into the passenger footwell. I left this for a while as I could not get the windscreen wipers off. The other day I got in the car and the 'Passenger Air Bag' Light was going like a strobe, so I deactivated the airbag with the key. When I then started the car I found that the interior lights would not turn off, I could not lock the door with the button on the drivers door and the hazards would go off whenever they wanted. (I don't know if it was alarm related due to the alarm buzzer being broken) So I got the tools and took the wipers off, cleaned the pollen filter, soaked up the water that had been building up in the reservoir by the heater blower fan. I cleaned out all of the scuttle panel, but it still wouldn't stay down correct, so i've created a cover for the pollen filter. Then I took the heater blower motor off to check it, was fine. The Heater blower resistor was rusty as hell though, but still works, so that's fine I guess.. The car would then turn the interior lights off, let me lock the door and not randomly flash the hazards. But the 'Passenger Air Bag' light was still going like a strobe. That was all fine until today, I drove it with just the 'Passenger Air bag' light going, parked, and when I can back the interior light wouldn't go off, doors wouldn't lock and the hazards were going off again. Though the windscreen was not all condensed.So, thanks for reading all that, does anyone have any idea what has broken? To me it seems like the car thinks it's been involved in a crash, 100% hasn't though.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have you had the car scanned with vcds to see if any faults show up? Where are you located?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't have my VAG-COM with me at the moment, but I do have one of these WIFI-ELM 325 ODB2 things that works with my iPhone. I used it a few days ago and it said there were no fault codes (I assume it didn't work as there were defiantly fault codes from the Lateral Sensor). But it would give me the rest of the readings RPM, Speed etc. So it did work. But I gave it a try yesterday and today and it won't connect to the car now..

Where are you and we can try find someone close to you with vcds to run a scan?

Hi, I've had the car scanned with a Autel Maxscan for VAG.

I've got the following Faults:
(I've filled what I can get off the Ross-Tech Site, but quite a few I can't find out what they mean. Anyone got a clue?)

All of them have the same DTC Definitions Not Found.

Engine
DTC definitions not found
17931 - 163 -
KWP1281

Airbags
00655 -156 -Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side
Kwp1281

01578 - 159 -
Kwp1281

Instruments
00668 -181 -Supply Voltage Terminal 30 (Probably Lateral Sensor. Non-Issue)

Cent. Lock
01367-035 -
01371 -
01374 -
01370 -
01368 -
01366-035 -
00991-028 -
00956-009 -Adaptation Limit Surpassed (Battery ran out on key fob)
01134-076 -Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication
01134-205 -Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication
01134-049 -Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication

Also, out of nowhere today after i'd reconnected the battery. I drove the car with all of the faults, came back to the car after a while and drove and there wasn't anything wrong... Everything had returned to normal :S