Radio volume control problem fixed!

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
re. all the problems people have with older Audi radios and the dodgy volume control, I've got mine fixed and it only cost me £20!

much better than £170 for the a re-con unit from Audi.

not sure what was broke, fixed but the knob seems much tighter now so I assume it's connection issue.

I can find out more if anyone wants.....

Do you mean the volume jumping up and down problem?

If so, I'd very much like to know what was done, because as far as I'm aware the problem has nothing to do with the "knob" at all!

Kev.

I've heard it can be fixed short term by heating the chip? But ultimately this is only short term and the problem will soon reoccur.

Kev.

I got mine replaced under warranty a few weeks back, so if you still have warranty just go to the $tealers

If you got it fixed, then it would be good to let people know where, lots of people will want to do the same?

Do share please..... mine has been doing it for a while now. Really annoying when you start the car and you get a burst of 300db in your ear.

seems I would a bit too hopeful! the problem is better BUT it is not fixed - i.e. when he car is cold (and the volume control plays-up) have a bit more control at adjusting volume than you did previously, but not a lot more : (

sorry guys!

ultimately I think it's still going to be a new radio........