JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Thread: Rear Toe Issue

2nd Gear

Status

Question Rear Toe Issue

Hey Guys,

Recently got the alignment done on the old girl and I was wondering would a rear lower tie arm thats adjustable resolve my issue with getting the toe right, I do currently have a top adjustable from s3dave, the reason I ask is that I am looking for 0 but its currently 0.38?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Is it not the sub frame and main arm for the toe? And tie arms for the camber?Mark
    Last edited by epox; 15th December 2013 at 20:27.
    S3 2003........REVO..........Stage 1...........218G/S.......÷..........°8..........=..........272bhp ......368Nm.....271 ft lbs

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey Mark, no idea tbh.

3rd Gear

Status
    http://www.knewance.com/comparisons/...caster.htmlTie arms for camber if you are lowering the car.
    S3 2003........REVO..........Stage 1...........218G/S.......÷..........°8..........=..........272bhp ......368Nm.....271 ft lbs

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The rear adjustable tie arms are for camber, but it does effect the toe adjustment slightly. All S3's can have the toe adjusted independently from the camber. With my knowledge of trigonometry and theory, the toe is more adjustable with the arms fitted to the bottom. As you need to pull the bottoms in to correct the camber, it automatically straightens the toe, even the geometry guy agrees with me.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status
    Ah ok that makes sense thanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Jojo does it make sense to move the tie arms around or just get another set from your experience?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemelongtime View Post
    Jojo does it make sense to move the tie arms around or just get another set from your experience?
    I just have 1 set on the lower arms for my requirements, it really depends on how low your car is, and if totally straight toe is what you are after? I am focusing on the handling side of my S3 atm, it's taking ages as I'm fitting most of the stuff myself. I run factory toe on the rears and 1.5 deg rear camber I think?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Worn trailing arm bushes will also contribute to excessive toe. toe is adjustable at the trailing arm mount.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I just have 1 set on the lower arms for my requirements, it really depends on how low your car is, and if totally straight toe is what you are after? I am focusing on the handling side of my S3 atm, it's taking ages as I'm fitting most of the stuff myself. I run factory toe on the rears and 1.5 deg rear camber I think?
    Thats interesting, I was looking at the belowFrontCamber = 1.3Toe = 0RearCamber = 0.5Toe = 0What are the standard settings?"superkarl", looking at the paperwork the arms where bought new by the previous owner from TPS, just thinking about it I did purchase some new poly bushes from s3dave last year but they are left with Ben at the mo.Just wondering where its worth worth me swapping them over, fitting the new bushes and getting the alignment checked, if guys are getting there correct toe and camber like this so could I, it would save me spending more $$$ when I really don't need to..