still no further and getting annoyed HELPPPP

Drewvic

Reaction score
Right i don't know how to put it and the correct way of explaining so will try my best

ive been getting some strange surges, hesitations, and dv sounds

i had a bailey recirc valve on

when driving the car steady away there were what felt like surges and flat spots you would drive along build throught he revs all of a sudden flat spot and whoosh off
also you can hear the dv going sssshhhhhhh and then chhhhhhh
when driving aswell the dv would dump unexpectedly

so was at our reginal meet on sat lads had alook under the bonnet
said that the dv could be sticking and that the pipe that went from the dv to intercooler was kinked so do those

so today i have banged a new standard dv on and new pipe, also done n249 bypass

so took car out for a drive and still hesitant and flat spots, also the dv still going shhhhhhhhh and then chhhhh as building the revs

also the traction light has come on today and staying on what could this be and could it be in relation

ive ahd the car on vcds and no codes (this was before traction light cam on) so not sure if any codes have come on now as not near my mate fo vcds

can anyone please help maybe shed some light on where the hell to look and go next really starting to get annoyed just want the thing right and drivine properly please

Try unplugging the maf and see if it still surges or drives better.Mark

Last edited:
Where abouts do you actually live drew? Is the pipe to the dv still kinked? Have you checked all the Pcv pipes under the inlet manifold and also all boost pipes as these would make your turbo spool sound louder and also give you flat spots? Matt

Klappe will this be the issue with everything then the turbo spool sound louder, the hesitations and flat spots??

Where abouts do you actually live drew? Is the pipe to the dv still kinked? Have you checked all the Pcv pipes under the inlet manifold and also all boost pipes as these would make your turbo spool sound louder and also give you flat spots? Matt

live near scarborough Matt, yeah I changed that dv pipe and the dv today so no kink and a new dv
as for the pipes your pointing toward I haven't no and need to find out where to start with those

Klappe will this be the issue with everything then the turbo spool sound louder, the hesitations and flat spots??

Everything.

Unplug the MAF, go for a drive, everything will be perfect then go straight to TPS and buy a genuine MAF.

Agree 16klappe , 5 seconds unplugs the maf then go for a run.

another question not in relation to my problems, ive read a couple of threads about turning the actuator up and down?? what is this what will it do and can I is it worth it?

Would not do any harm. However I am sure if you unplug the may the car defaults to factory settings. Iirc I had to clear faults first before it ran better with the maf unplugged. If it is the maf go to tps, I got one from epc but still got wee issue when putting the foot down in 6th gear. Defo NO cheep ones from eBay!!!!Mark

can I get them from tps thought that was trade only mate
yeah I get the issue a lot in 6th
when you say eps I presume you mean euro car parts??
so best thing to do until I can get a maf is unplug the maf anf then clear the faults
go get a new maf plug in and see what the score is then bud
thanks epox for you help its much appreciated

Ye local friendly garage for tpS parts. Ye should be euro car parts, before you buy a new one try unplugging the maf to check just in case it ain't!!!Mark

yeah I will mate I will be doing that soon and then posting back so keep your eyes out for my results coz wont know what the hell to do if it isn't that ha again thanks bud

So I have done what was suggested and unplugged the MAF
the car is certainly a lot lot smoother
BUT the car still has a flat spot around the 3000 revs especially in 3rd and 4th, and still get the odd dv let off when im building through the revs
is like im driving alon changing up through the gears and all of a sudden chhhhhhh the dv releases when I have foot on accelerator
really puzzled
I did how ever think of something I read and I pulled over and unplugged the N75 with this unplugged there was no flat spots atal
so does this mean I need a New N75 if so what one do I go for
Also I have noticed past day or so what sound like I can only describe as someone blwing on the tip of a bottle if you get me in the rear of the car only every so often when going up revs maybe lasts for 2 secs and then disappears then comes back anyone any idea on this aswell
thanks much appreciated for any help and replies

Yep, new N75 and MAF.

Unlucky Kentucky.

Replace the N75 first. Then if it requires further attention look to the Maf.

Thankyou for that Klappe, so is a standard N75 I go for then????
after abit of advice on some other mods from you if poss you seem to be the man

Yah Klappe I followed this thread a number of times and worling my way through the mods you have suggested
my question is tip related there seem to be a few names flying around, forge sfs etc
I know you say in this thread about these im just wondering when I go to look on the likes of the bay do I just type it in ie a3 8l 1.8t forge tip???
I have the downpipe and decat ready to go on once I have sorted out the maf and n75 probs

N75: go with oem unless you are planning some sort of monster build
TIP: can't help you there, never looked in to what tip is best for a ko3s

cheers lavis I did the n 249 superb with your photos mate, as for tip you have one on yours was it already on when you got it??

ideal, glad i could help.
yea when i got the car it already had one, it's probably cheap ebay jobby to be honest, it will do for now, going to look at getting a proper one when i get around to doing a FMIC