Mystery wobble... Potentially solved? :(

Gary_808

Reaction score
Well, since I've had the car I've had a wobble between 60-70mph, it was annoying to say the least,
Friday I got the wheels balanced, ones abit buckled but it balanced out fine,
Needless to say the wobble was still there :(

So today I finally managed to get under it not to find this....
2BF7B192-7024-44F9-86F2-39063F141BD5-9198-0000029DB4B51136_zps4c0465b1.jpg

As you can see the bolts backed out!
And is now eating into what looks like the transfer box output shaft cap? Replaceable?
I hope so.

Reckon I'm onto a winner to get the wobble solved?

Will be on the phone to the garage I got the car from tomorrow to say the least!

Hi there... YES! I had the exact same thing....!! Ive tried searching for my post but the forum seems to be playing up. Yes i had the bolt hanging out which was spinning around causing the car to wobble under acceleration and at high speeds.. i had checked allsorts.. wheels..bushes.. Even had it into Audi who told me it had a missfire (but thats another story). But yes id say thats your problem. I had to replace the bolt as when it was spinning around it had ruined it. I'll try find my thread and post it up. Hope you get it sorted.

cammage08

Reactions: Gary_808
I think it was your thread I actually read that put me on too having a look at the prop!

Any chance you have the part number of the bolt?

By the looks of things I'm going to have to drop the shaft off to slide it back so I can get to the bolt,

And try to find a socket that'll fit it some where.

I managed to remove the bolt by pushing the car back and forwards spinning the prop to the biggest space... And same again to get the new one in. I managed to do it all from under the bonnet. I had to grind the new bolt to a slight point for it to be able to line up as it had twisted ever so slightly whilst running with 2 bolts. A 10mm ring spanner fits the bolt head. I used etka to find the part number and picked one up from audi.. there are 2 different sizes of if the same bolt. I do have a spare if u struggle to source one.

Spent a few hours removing the prop after trying to get a new screw in.

I think I can see the issue...

9359E583-A635-49FE-B4E0-1B53AD8AB6D1-664-0000002926CA7102_zps8b2a80c2.jpg