audi s3 8l amplified shark fin aeria

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi guys im after some advice with my aerial, the car wash was kind enough to break my aerial off so I bought a amplified shark fin aerial but its not a straight swap over does anyone know how to rig this up or if I need a special adapter for the new base. Cant live without a radio. Cheers

Can't help you pal but, I Hope that's a lesson to be learn't.... Never use a car wash.
It's a nasty monster that's likes to break and scratch things. Lol

I fitted a non (I think) amplified to mine. FM is fine and that's all I listen to. I think AM is for when you're 60+ and drive a taxi.*

I had to replace the connector on it as it was the same connector as what was on the cars loom. Other than that it was easy. Be careful not to do the nut up too tight though as apparently it's easy to kink the roof doing that.

Edit: * Radio 5 Live is actually alright over there and that's AM.

Last edited:
I'd suggest cutting them from the aerial end rather than the car loom end, if possible.

I struggling as it has s different end on the new aerial to the old one and I dont really want to cut the old one down, sam how did you fit your non amplified aerial? Is there another connector I need to join them both together or have I bought the wrong shark fin, I know someone calked damo.h on here did it but I don't quite know how? Much help will be appreciated. Cheers

I have cut the old aerial wire and joined the new aerial wire and the old together, I have also fed the 12v wire but still cant receive any signal whatsoever.
is there something I have missed.
cheers