insurance payout .... what to buy next

kryton

Reaction score
As some of you already know my s3 had a falling out with a mini a few weeks back The guy accepted liability but I had some trouble with my insurance refusing to process my claim until I coughed up a load of extra cash for having an undeclared, non standard air filter. That issue was sorted and after a few calls back and forward between me and insurance guy, I managed to secure £3000 and my car returned to me. The first offer was 1720! and was told at first I couldnt have my car it was now theirs because they recovered it.Anyway question is ... what to buy now? I would like another 8l but its all that work of getting it running sweet again so maybe start a fresh with another car?There is a nice s4 for sale not far from me , has anyone driven one to be able to compare the two cars?cheers kryt

Personally I would love a s4, I'm actually planning on getting a s4 for my next car in a couple years time, or a a5 s-line. good job on getting your car back

I'd be buying my s3, but I would say that! S4 avant would be very nice, preferably in imola yellow. They are a ******* to work on though!

Last edited:
S4 is nice, but it's in a totally different level of running costs! If you can factor that in, then why not? Though it must be said, it's more of a hot rod than a great handler compared to an S3, and it would have to be Avant for me also.

I did look into the running costs and I do love the s3 handling . Slowcoach 3 do you have a link to yours ?

Buy an s4.. I have some lovely kw variant 3's that would fit and make it handle so sweet!! ;)

You could get a mint A3 for 3K, loads better than a Slow3.

I use an S4 (V8) occasionally and it is a quality car,it is in a different league to the S3 but both do have their plus points,S3 handles better and more economical,S4 is a luxury saloon with a superb engine

I was looking at the 2.7 v6 twin turbo one , according to the stats its not too much more thirsty but i doubt this is true

if my turbo isnt broken what else would i need to fit this to an a3? but I dunno I enjoyed my quattro too much in the 8 inches of snow we had here last year