New member with a project and some Q's - 1999 S3

MortenTN

Reaction score
Hi all
I got my S3 in the spring and have been a reader in here since then. Great knowledge base for 8L S3's!

It's a 1999 S3, originally LZ5K blue, but has been professionally repainted at some point in pearl white - I'm not a fan of repaints, but this seems to have been done with a good quality. The car has done 320k Km and is therefore in need of some TLC here and there. The turbo is also whistling more than it should, so a replacement has to be found soon - currently looking into the BBT and Frankenturbo hybrids. It currently has a stage 1 tune - from where I don't know.So my project will hopefully be some modifying and a lot of much needed maintenance :) Probably more mechanical than cosmetic...

Some initial questions:How do I find the ME version in the engine management? - It's an APY engine and therefore should have ME7.1 but the car is a Y=2000 model year, so according to ETKA it should have the more recent 8N0997018 ECU, but is the ME version the same as the previous APY's?
Regards, Morten

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: mark_S3, samurai and Sandra
Hi Morten, welcome to audi-sport.net. Very nice, tidy car? Where are you located? I hope you enjoy the forum, pleased to near you have found the forum informative. Lots of knowledge and very friendly people in here. :) x

Thx! I'm located in Copenhagen Denmark. The car has been looked after and has had all service check made, but with the mileage it has, it is also wear and tear on non service parts that needs attention. I am aware of the knowledge in here, from all the hours I already have spent reading :)

Reactions: Sandra