O.Z Super Leggera on S3

BenJee_S3

Reaction score
I'm looking at some 18" O.Z wheels for my s3, I'm currently on 19" TT/RS4 wheels. Current size is 235 35r19 .

The wheels I'm possibly buying are 18" with an offset of et51. Will I need spacers to bring the offset down? Also what tyre size will I need for 18" wheels?

Thanks, Ben.

An ET of that size is likely to be wheels of a Subaru or an Alfa, so check the centre bore is ok. I've made that mistake before on a set of SuperLeggeras - fortunately seller had said they fitted VW 5*100 so he gave me my money back. I'm currently running Super Tourismos as I'm an OZ fan.

Anyway, tyres would be 225/40/18. And you'll defnitely need spacers, something like 15 or 20mm to take the offset down to 36 or 31 respectively.

Ben I have just fitted some 18" oz ultraleggera to my 8l s3.The wheels i fitted were initially for a subura 5x100 et48 18x8j. The 8l s3 takes an offset of 35-38 i hear. I have fitted 15mil spacers to bring it down from 48 to 33 and it looks well. Dont think it matters that its out too much.I think* im running 225,45,18 I took off rstt 18s (rs4) and I have to admit it just doesnt look as good with the ultraleggera on it. BUT the ride is alot better without the extra unsprung weight. I weighed 1 18" rstt with tyre and it came out at 23.7kg, i weight 1 ox 18" with tyre and it weighed 19kg with the spacer included. Thats over 4.5kg per wheels. This is a massive saving weight wise and it definately makes a diff to acceleration

Thanks for all your advise, they are listed as 5x100 Subaru, Vw, Audi. I will ask him about the centre bore however!

Thanks for all the technical advise, this is why I love this forum for help! I will report back with findings (and pics if I buy them ;) )