Golfer's Extremely low build

Golfer1991

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Never had the opportunity to show you off correctly my Audi S3.
I live in Switzerland and here is quite difficult to pass MOTs with modifications, so for the moment my car isn't so speedy as yours there lol.

This is just after I bought it, about 2 years ago:
IMG 7643IMG 7662

It was newly resprayed and about 6 months later we got a big Hailstone storm.
I've had about 120 "holes" only on roof and many more on the rest of the car, so decided to have a big change!

This is how it became after:
479728 523794037668542 1303262478 n482541 523794267668519 1496066694 n600827 523794261001853 578037223 n401797 523794171001862 1176682386 n947100 523793971001882 77992732 n

I'm really happy with this color, it's Papaya Orange and proudly the unique with this color on a S3 8L in Switzerland :D

Let's get on with the specs now:

Engine:
2.0 TFSIs Coil packs
BMC Air Filter
V3 Relentless Manifold
Trackslag Uprated charge pipe
Silicone hoses all over
42 Draft Design 3" Downpipe with 200 cell kat (actually down due to homologation problems)
Milltek resonated cat-back

Exterior:
OZ Racing Ultraleggera 19x8 with 225/35 Bridgestone S001 Tyres
6 pot Brembo Z18 from Porsche Cayenne and 334x32 brake discs (actually down due to homologations problems :( )
Rear wishbone removed
Black side lights
Carbon Fiber B-Pillar
Carbon Fiber door trims

Interior:
Depo Boost Gauge
Audi R8 Steering wheel (will be mounted next weeks)
Audi A4 2010 RNS-E (modified to suit in S3s dash)

This is actually what I have, but managing to do a serious build in the next few months!

This is what I'm going to do:

Engine block rebore to suit 82mm pistons
Stroke 92.8 Crankshaft
CP Pistons 82mm 9.5:1
Bosch 550cc Injectors
Beach Buggy Turbo Hybrid
Badger5 ported Chinafold
Conrods
toyosport FMIC
New Downpipe and 200 cell cat (a homologated one for Switzerland)
New Oil pump, chain and tensioner
Southbend Stage 2 daily Clutch and single mass flywheel
All other small bits like gaskets and seals

If I forgot something useful for my build any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

And sorry for my basical English!

Last edited:
Reactions: JOSE8LT, superkarl, Alex C and 5 others
really nice this bud i really like the orange aswell,

Welcome..very nice indeed! What offset wheel and spacer combination are using to clear the 18z calipers?

Looks great! The colour and those wheels & brakes...:eyebrows:
I like the tiny front license plate you have in Switzerland, too, lol

Looks great! The colour and those wheels & brakes...:eyebrows:
I like the tiny front license plate you have in Switzerland, too, lol

Yeah that's not bad, it's not so invasive! lol

Got in Winter Mode today! this is how it looks now:

S3WinterMode_zpsa6037372.jpg

Reactions: s3dave
Just a bit worried about the remap actually...
Here in Switzerland and even in Italy there's no one with just the half of knowledge in the 1.8T engine like Badger5 or R-Tech.
I know also isn't easy to do such a remap in the UK and send it over to Switzerland without the opportunity to put the car on a dyno.

I will in any case ask to Bill what he thinks, but will be hard to set up the car correctly :(

Was thinking in changing my exhaust valves while I'm doing the build.
Is it a worth mod or I can simply keep the OEM ones?
I suppose my power range will be between 320 and 350hp.

And if yes, Supertech valves are what I was looking for, would be better the Stainless ones or the Inconel ones?
(I know the Inconel are better, but are they really needed?)

Thank guys :)

nice car! i love the wheels and brakes.
and i think with a stroker and a BBT hybrid, you will have a bit more than 320-350 hp.

Was thinking in changing my exhaust valves while I'm doing the build.
Is it a worth mod or I can simply keep the OEM ones?
I suppose my power range will be between 320 and 350hp.

And if yes, Supertech valves are what I was looking for, would be better the Stainless ones or the Inconel ones?
(I know the Inconel are better, but are they really needed?)

Thank guys :)

Stainless are for normally aspirated applications... use inconel... they are designed for turbo applications

Its a high rev limit that will require a full valve train tbh... if you are not going for a big turbo then the std valve train will be fine for the 7.2 to 7.5k rev limit that is typical for smaller framed turbo's

Things to watch out for are valve guide wear and tired stem seals... as you are having the bottom end rebult at the very least its worth getting the guides checked and replaced if needed (normally exhaust guides) and get the valves lapped back in to refresh the seal... use new stem seals and cam seals and the head will be done

<tuffty/>

Stainless are for normally aspirated applications... use inconel... they are designed for turbo applications

Its a high rev limit that will require a full valve train tbh... if you are not going for a big turbo then the std valve train will be fine for the 7.2 to 7.5k rev limit that is typical for smaller framed turbo's

Things to watch out for are valve guide wear and tired stem seals... as you are having the bottom end rebult at the very least its worth getting the guides checked and replaced if needed (normally exhaust guides) and get the valves lapped back in to refresh the seal... use new stem seals and cam seals and the head will be done

<tuffty/>

I will probably go big turbo in the future, when the car will be just for track days as with Swiss laws I can't go so big with the build :(

I will get also an AEB cylinder head, so of course all will be checked!

My fear were to put back on a set of valves that have actually 14 years and about 90k miles on it, I know the intake ones aren't a problem but the exhaust ones are more prone to wear during the time, this is why I was considering just Supertech's exhaust valves!