NEVER buy Supersprint exhaust for S3 !!!!!!!!

• Thread starter imported_andreitentean
  • Start date
I

imported_andreitentean

Hello. My name is Andrew.
I have an BAM S3 and a supersprint race exhaust that I bought mounths ago just arrived last week and it's on my car for 4 days.

My advice (that can be suported by pictures) is to never buy a Supersprint exhaust(de-cat pipe, midle pipe with cat and race silencer with oval design) because it is not going to be near the mountig position, lenght of the car . The tip of the silencer is (was) 11,5 cm out of the car (11,5 cm from the end of the stock silencer) with a very strong left inclination that was resting against the cut in the bumper. Keep in mind that all (ALL) the mountings under the car were allined (at the same position as the mountings from the stock exhaust). I HAVE PICTURES THAT CAN PROVE THIS!!!!!

I have spent 4,5 hours at a local exhaust shop to corect the tail pipe and the guys cut the supersprint exhaust 4 times shortening it and corecting the bends.

It is my first post so I can't or don't know how to upload pictures.

Hi Andrew,
Welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I think that must be bad luck as there's a couple of people here that couldn't be more happy with there supersprint exhausts.

I'd like to see the pics, you'll need to host them somewhere like www.photobucket.com then use the links from there in your post.

Cheers,

Ben.

That does look bad. However, yours is the first I have come across with this problem, including the fact I knew people 7-8 years ago with supersprints on VR6's.

I also have friends with supersprint on Imprezas STi and WRX and is ok.

I have the superspint racing system and it fits perfectly,ok it sticks out a bit but does give excellent flow.

yes. but when you pay money why shouldn't it fit like let's ,say a cheaper one, like the stock!

Thats why im having mine custom fitted at MIJ Performance. Still deciding on my tailpipes thought, either straight cut pipes New M3 style or little brother big brother look as on Porsche's but same size pipe without the centre bit e.g. 2 Audi rings without the overlapping metal in middle. Am i making sense?

i personally don't mind as flames are known to be ommited so further from the bodywork the better.

So what does the race system sound like?

I almost changed my street legal Supersprint cat back system a few months back for the half race/street system, which is a slightly silenced race system. In the end I decided that the one I have is the best compromise between sporty note and drone (which I'm sure you'll get plenty of with a race system).

I must say, on the road legal version, the fit was second to none. The protrution was completely perfect. Just far out enough to read the logo, but no further.

I have supersprint street system cat-back in my s3 and i think that it should be little louder. Is it possible to use race-system rear silencer with street system centre pipe? Is it direct fit?

Is that race system rear silencer too loud in every day use?

Is there any advantages with that cat replacement pipe?

No...the Race system is 0.25" bigger diameter..so it wont fit!

The guys at Supersprint said that the race system would be too loud for the road, and that you would get huge amounts of drone at cruise speeds. Not worth it I don't think.

Though the lighter race system sounds interesting. They claimed that there is no drone at cruise, but the sound is louder.

However, after listening to my street system after its warmed up, I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't want it any louder. The street system sounds good. It's just that you don't really hear it too well inside the cabin.

as a bunch of you might already know I've fitted the powerflow exhausts, now that they've slightly worn in I can hear the exhaust better. I believe it does drone at cruise speed around 2000-4000 rpms (if by drone you mean a deep rumble) but after speeds pick up the noise seems to go away, or just move more outside the car, which sounds perfect. I'll try and post a sound clip at sum point.

P.S. I've only changed the exhaust from the back box, nothin else.

For anyone interested, I've got a short clip of some slow 90 degree cornering in my car with a Supersprint road system fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone interested, I've got a short clip of some slow 90 degree cornering in my car with a Supersprint road system fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on post it up.

Will be interesting to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ok don't know if this is going to work.

This is a Jabba remapped, Eibach kit lowered, supersprinted s3.

Right click and save as...

Supersprinted S3

Hope it works...

Thanks Soupie.

I never knew it sounded so fruity until I got a mate to video me driving it.
It always sounds quite attenuated in the cabin.
Though from the outside, I'd say it's quite loud enough.
Any louder and I think it'll be Corsa boy with fat exhaust levels....

Yes does not sound too loud, as mine does!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I think i will get a centre box fitted in the summer as it gets on my nerves on the bypass and i currently run with a silencer plate in the backbox but it sounds pretty crap unless its getting nailed!!

I agree, there's nothing worse than resonance of the exhaust note on a long journey.
Hope you manage to get rid of the drone... Nice car btw.

There is some footage of mine on a dyno around,ear defenders needed!!
ihi sounds good though!

[ QUOTE ]
There is some footage of mine on a dyno around,ear defenders needed!!
ihi sounds good though!

[/ QUOTE ]

They do dont they! Sounds like a jet engine, sucking up small animals and children. The manifold and downpipe play a large part in the exhaust...made my moderately loud milltek, deafening!

yeah mines 3" Downpipe,even worse.
plans are afoot for the next stage of power.