Standard S3 turbo boost

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

wondering what the S3 turbo runs boost wise as standard? Mine's a 210bhp model

Cheers,

Will

I would like to say mapped but with all the luck I've had with this car . More than likely broken . It only started going to 20psi once I had a new battery fitted . Is it possible that an old map has returned.

Had no logging done . I was told it was a standard car when I brought it and the boost gauge never shown the boost going above 12psi . I've not long had a new battery fitted and once it was done the car just felt different and with more poke . That's when I noticed the boost now going as far as 20psi . I know the battery couldn't of done to alter the boost level . I was thinking could the garage I brought the off deleted a map and some how it's reappeared ? . Sounds stupid I know .

Logging boost request will tell you if it's mapped or if your N75 is ******** (for example). I've got VCDS if you need a hand.

A helping hand would be great Dave . As I'm clueless . Cheers pal .

Had no logging done . I was told it was a standard car when I brought it and the boost gauge never shown the boost going above 12psi . I've not long had a new battery fitted and once it was done the car just felt different and with more poke . That's when I noticed the boost now going as far as 20psi . I know the battery couldn't of done to alter the boost level . I was thinking could the garage I brought the off deleted a map and some how it's reappeared ? . Sounds stupid I know .
I take it you've fitted an aftermarket boost gauge? Saying that I'm positive I've seen videos of S3's showing the boost on the digital screen in the dial cluster in the dash under the radio bit??!

Only map I could think of where that 'may' happen is a Revo as they have adjustable settings... its plausible that it was set low for the sale of the car (maybe to make it more saleable to people who want an un touched example) and the battery swap has reset it somehow... that said I have not seen this behaviour before on 20v's... Revo on TFSI's have a habit of resetting to low settings once the battery is disconnected but 20v stuff has always appeared more persistent...

Log stuff as Dave has suggested... get a better idea of whats going on...

<tuffty/>

...oh and don't get anyone to read the map out until its confirmed its not a Revo as it won't work again and it will be back to pretty std settings requiring a new map to be flashed on...

<tuffty/>

I didn't fit the boost gauge it was already in the car it's a stack gauge . I'll get Dave to do the logs once he has some spare time . If it makes any difference I brought the car from a garage called dubbers in huddersfield . Cheers for the replys . Seems I've stole this thread .

The wife has told me it has gone into limp mode today . It had done this the other week . With the maximum boost pressure exceeded . I found a split pipe and replaced it . Had the ecu reset and all was good and it's happend again . Is it worth getting Dave still to log the car or should I try and find another/more split pipes . Don't won't to waste Dave's time and effort .

Find/fix any split pipes dude... no point in doing much else until you know all thats sorted

Once you know you are leak free and are still having issues then logging will be the next step...

Smoke test would be an idea if you can find someone in your area to do it

<tuffty/>

Cheers pal . One of my mates said and this was a while ago that he pumped the system up with a bike pump and listened for escaping air . It was on a s2 is this possible on the s3 . If so how can I do this all the garages are crap near me ..

...how can I do this all the garages are crap near me ..

Travel :)

Considering the amount of air required to fill let alone pressurise the charge system you maybe there a while... prob could travel to Bills and back from Scotland in less time :p

There must be some garage near you with a smoke tester....

<tuffty/>

I'll ask Dave . I don't mind travelling about if I have to . Cheers

After some more help . I've decided to change all the hoses in one go . While I'm doing this would it be a good idea to fit a catch can and do the necessary delete . Is there a list of pipes/hoses what I need and what I need to fit the catch can . As much help as possible please . I'm also looking in the stickies .

Sounds like a plan, probably worth postponing the logging until the new gear is fitted?

I did the N249 bypass and catch can install purely using the stickies on here, they're very informative.

Well I've got the alternator to do tomorrow now . It decided to stop charging the battery today . I've ordered a catch can and hose for it and the N249 delete today . So tomorrow I'll fit the alternator and next week I'll do the pcv delete and the N249 delete . Hopefully I'm going to buy a full silicone hose kit aswell . So when I'm all done I'll pm you Dave and get the logging done and can you recommend a garage for a smoke test . Cheers

Alternator is on the car and is working and charging the battery again . It was a bit of a pig to do but it had to be done . Just waiting for the other bits and Bob's to come and to try and source a full silicone pipe kit .

Good work! I've not had a smoke test done so can't really recommend anywhere local. There's supposed to be a decent vw place in Oldham but I'll have to dig the details out.