Just a quick heads up to anyone who may have seen this S3 on eBay. The bidding had ended now but I am sure the seller will relist it (for the 3rd time).
Here's the link to the advert:
I missed the chance to bid on it so I emailed him to see if it's still available. I was happy to hear that it was, and thought it was a bargain.
I travelled 160 miles to view it, spent about 10-15 minutes viewing it and here are the faults I found:
- Passenger side keyed and needs a respray (deep scratch on the wing, rear quarter and door)
- The car is misfiring badly
- Exhaust or manifold is blowing
- Clutch release bearing or gearbox input shaft is rattling like crazy (sounds completely shagged)
- Drivers side carpet had been cut right through
- The overall car looks in poor condition and the paint is covered in ****
- Passenger side door blade is completely hanging off
That was enough for me to walk away, I'm sure I would more faults if I spent more time checking it out.
The seller tried to hide the clutch noise by pressing the pedal while the car was idling, when I asked him to let off the clutch he quickly turned the car off (LOL). When I started it myself I just laughed at how loud the noise was. In the advert he states it's had new brake pads but they look about 50% worn.
Anyway, it's a bag of nails and not worth anywhere near £2k. I just thought I'd share it on here before anyone wasted their time and petrol.