Decat advise + pre Remap checklist.

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Booked in to visit badger 5 today to finally get my car mapped, my car is only stage 1 spec at the mo. I'm hoping to get a decat fitted before I get the car mapped to give it some extra room to breath, does anyone know of any that will fit a stock system on a quattro sport (ARY) engine code? Not sure on the exhaust itself but the floor plan is the same as the s3 from what I've been told.

And whilst I'm at it does anyone have anything to add to my pre map checklist
Oil and oil filter change,
Change plugs
Change coils
Smoke test and scan

ideal, MAF is only 6 months old, 2 of the tyres are a year old, the other 2 are a bit older but plenty of tread, just got to hope my clutch holds up and i should be all good to go. just installed a catch can so no pcv system to worry about (because it was leaky as **** beforehand!

only other issue is the decat, anyone know of a one that can fit in the stock system?

hmm looks like that may be exactly what im looking for, i'll drop the seller a email to see if they know if it will fit on the stock system, if so then i will have to grab it! thanks. all i kept finding were the crappy looking twin pipe ones that look almost as restrictive as the cat itself

I looked before as I have a 1.8TQS also and it was the only one I could find and I doubt many people actually make one for our cars anyway, due to demand being alot lower I guess.

Yea can be a pain getting some parts, I've seen a couple others but they looked like they were really poor quality.

Speak to sam Bryant on Facebook, I believe relentless now make a 1.8tqs dp/decat. ..

yea i saw the relentless one on his decat thread just a few mins ago, the toyosport one that rupe posted the link too looks identical so i've taken the plunge and ordered one