audi a3 1.8t blown turbo

johncraig

Reaction score
hi need a bit of help here i have a a3 1.8t running stage 2 but my turbo has blown my mate is breaking his and has a k03s turbo but it makes a louder whistling noise when accelerating his is a stage 2 aswell he said i could have it for 100 is it blown or should i just get a k03s for 250

ive got a ko3s mate in good condition out of a 2002 done 72000 miles £150 plus postage if you struggle

i put a offer in on one on ebay for 140 they accepted but it has 12 blades and says its a k03s

i thought that could you do free postage

Reactions: Drewvic
what year is yours mate that code is for the pre facelift 180 hp
the code you want for a face lift 180hp or as everyone calls them a ko3s is ko3-058 85 n actuator

and if you to buy it mate I will give you free postage the 12 blade turbo is defo slower turbo mate

yeah and being a stage 2 will be the uprated turbo which is the one I have for sale the one that your looking at has a peak and no more of 194 bhp mate being the ko3

i thought it was a k03 i bought this car 4 weeks ago so far i have done the clutch that went on the 2nd day the track rod ends ball joint wishbones steering now the turbo has went has a full service history lol yeah i will take that one off u bud long as its not going to blow after a day lol

it did come with a k03 but the guy put a k03s on it he told me its a straight bolt on job

nope it wont blow after a day will even gice you a 30 day warrenty mate lol
you want to pm me mate

should have known it was on its way out cos it was only boosting 3psi max

Heya mate, did you fit the ko3s? Does it give any gains as to performance of the car over a standard ko3? I have a pre facelift a3 runing a ko3, will bolting on a ko3s instead give me any noticeable gains?

Reactions: Pubemammal