Turbo issue maybe????

temp

Reaction score
This morning car started with a funny noise like a whining noise and a loss of power not sure if it's a leak in the system or f**k turbo. Cars not smoking. Any advice.

I'm pretty sure your best option is to get it scanned asap... Any fault codes will help loads..

Yes it does sound abit like that!!! What is it??? Plz!!!

Last edited:
not sure if you have seen any of my posts but unfortunately it sounds as if its your turbo gone bud. i'm having my k04 changed today. do you have an s3 or a3?

S3 that what I did not want to hear how much is it costing.

but i'm no mechanic. that video is of my car though and it seemed on the older turbo(chinese knock off) that there was a lot of play in the shaft, so the blades were touching the housing which was causing the whine.

well i bought a second hand turbo for the time being for 190 delivered (Genuine) but i'm getting a hyrbrid sometime in the new year. if your not planning on doing that speak to dan at beach buggy turbos and he should be able to sort something out for you. hope this helps

and then the fitting for me is 200 as i know the person doing it.

What sort of turbo is on a standard s3 k03 or k04 which is best and what do you need to upgrade if put the better one on. My car is standard and want to upgrade stuff and if it needs a new turned might as well start now.

Not sure how to put vids on through my phone it was a vid of the noise drove car 2 day about 15miles no power, or smoke?? Stripped it down to the turbo the other night and all still there and no play in fin's somebody said my cat might of broken up and blocking the exhaust???? Not sure????