genuine audi service parts

bigray

Reaction score
now then, ive looked but cant find a thread about this.

well my car is due a cambelt change, its been 5 years or 52k since its last 1 so it is time.

my question is, is it worth spending the extra money to buy genuine audi parts. i get a fair discount at tps etc

but still gonna cost about £100 more then say, gfs parts or ecp etc

and also my car is about 128k so wanna do everything

timing belt
waterpump
tensioner
oil filter
petrol filter
anything else i should consider ?

and possibly heldex service

previous owner did a oil change and haldex service about 2k ago, as i have receipts from audi and vw for parts
but for piece of mind like to get it done myself, but not sure if i be wasting my money.

but oil change was with heavy duty oil which im guessing is long life ?

but im only thinking im gonna keep the car a year, so is it worth the extra lay out ?
and would people be more willing to buy it with say 130k+ if all major parts were
genuine audi service parts ?

I see no point in getting ripped off paying Audi main dealer prices for parts when you can buy the same parts for A LOT LESS.
OE cambelts will probably be Dayco or Continental so I would buy one of these kits.
Waterpump and coolant change as well is a good idea.
I don't see the point in doing an oil change or Haldex service so shortly after one was done unless you are sure that the work hasn't been done.
Some people might be more inclined to pay a little more if you produce a service book fully stamped with main dealer history.

But if you are doing the work yourself with parts then It wouldn't matter to me whether they were from the dealers or GSF / ECP. When you sell the car you will be able to potentially pass some of the savings you have made onto the buyer, rather than saying to them you have spent £500 recently on servicing , they will just want the vechicle as cheap as possible.

Audi don't make their own filters or cambelts, they buy them in. Their prices are higher as they have expensive showrooms, a certain level of service to maintain and the free vending machines to pay for!!

Euro and GSF are fine if you stick to OEM supplier brands. Contitech and SKF timing belts, and Hengst and Bosch filters are all either OEM or as good as.

cheers guys for the replies, what about getting a genuine tensioner over an after market 1 ?

cheers guys for the replies, what about getting a genuine tensioner over an after market 1 ?

I use Gates cambelt kits, it's exactly the same as OEM Audi kits minus the Audi logo. My original old belt had Gates written on it still when I took it off! The tensioner would be pretty much an original part in the kit.

Reactions: bigray
SKF timing belt kits come standard with Gates belt who are current market leaders, along with very good quality tensioner / bearing components.

You'll also need to do the Thermostat ontop of Cambelt Kit & Coolant Pump. If you drop over your reg, i'll give you the ECP part numbers and you can order them online when there's a 50% off sale over the weekend. save some money

Just check Car Parts Online, Spare Parts, Motor Spares from CarParts4Less.co.uk before you order from ECP. It's the web version of ECP and I have pretty much always found it cheaper than ECP even when they have a sale on.
The parts are the same , the delivery is the same the prices just tend to be cheaper because they don't run a load of shops around the country so don't have the same overheads even though it's run by the same company.

karl.

ah cheers guys, im all up for saving money and my reg is LB02WZX
and so far i would need

timing belt
water pump
coolant pump
thermostat
tensioner
oil filter
oil
pollen filter
petrol filter

cheers

also as for thermostat would it be worth paying the little extra to this 1 from awesome ?
im off there in a couple off weeks aswell ?

Neuspeed 4 Cyl 180ºF / 82ºc Thermostat - Tuning - Engine - Parts

Last edited:
Timing Kit ( with Tensioner ) - 348 77 05 25
Water / Coolant Pump - 201 44 06 51
Thermostat - 209 44 01 60
Oil ( 5W30 F/S V.A.G SPEC ) - 521 77 60 19
Oil Filter - 501 44 01 00
Fuel Filter - 503 44 06 10
Pollen / Cabin Filter - 507 44 00 60

Happy Shopping

Reactions: bigray
cheers guys, all in came to £166.92 but found a discount code (cp15less) and final bill is £151.92
through carparts4less
massive saving :arco: :greyrs4:

gonna buy oil from tps and coolant as i get a big discount and its local

why buy a cold thermostat?

i never said i was, i asked advice if it be worth buying 1.
granted i do that many miles and car is standard so probably be pointless, but might be worth having 1 in the height of the summer months. and people might have an opinion on the quality over the other parts recommended.