Standard S3 anti-roll bars - bushes and sizes?

Vex182

1x S3 and 3x Fiestas.
Reaction score
So it's time to replace the S3's front drop links and anti-roll bar bushes. I have changed the rear drop links and noticed the bushes on the rear are looking skabby. The front ones appear to have a plastic collar that has broke off the brushes. Can I remove them and replace them with polybushes without the plastic collars. Anyone know what size bushes are needed for the front and rear? Is it easy to change them? The rears don't look to bad if I drop the rear box.

Stock sizes are 19mm front, 14mm rear. BUT, some people have reported having them 1mm different or so, whether thats down to them being special or there are in fact different sizes i dont know. As always, check, and double check.

Its a simple job either way. Perhaps consider new bolts and collars if yours are badly corroded

My front ARB collars cracked and were causing a knocking noise. I ended up removing both collars and fitting 18mm bushes (febi 27304) I think, then placed 2 jubilee clips on the outer side to prevent any lateral movement. Worked really well! Best bet is to measure the bar, I believe they came in several sizes. Hope that's of some help!

Dan

My front ARB collars cracked and were causing a knocking noise. I ended up removing both collars and fitting 18mm bushes (febi 27304) I think, then placed 2 jubilee clips on the outer side to prevent any lateral movement. Worked really well! Best bet is to measure the bar, I believe they came in several sizes. Hope that's of some help!

Dan

Yes it is.

I replaced the bushes and it was a nightmare because the sizes may vary from 18 to 20mm. I wasn't able to buy the correct ones until I measured the anti-roll bar diameter...