fuel pump

ttaalliibb

Reaction score
Hi
I have a guestion about a fuel pump. Did some one know what is a maximum working pressure of standard pump? And what is a maximum BHP on standard pump?
Thanks

Depends on which car... S3 has a higher rated pump (4bar) than the A3... in theory should support most hybrid turbos power up to around 350hp but only if the pump is in tip top condition... there have been a few failures recently as pumps are old and wearing out..

If going for hybrid, factor in a new fuel pump... if going BT then factor in an inline pump too

<tuffty/>

Haa ok thanks mate.
I going to remap my car on the end of this month and i wasynt sure about pump but now I will hange it because i going for 350 .
But have you got a some idea about fuel injectors? I fit a bosh 365 cc are you thing they will suport 350BHP?

Haa ok thanks mate.
I going to remap my car on the end of this month and i wasynt sure about pump but now I will hange it because i going for 350 .
But have you got a some idea about fuel injectors? I fit a bosh 365 cc are you thing they will suport 350BHP?

Whats the spec of the mods? what car? normally fit Bosch 550cc injectors for hybrids etc when heading over 300hp... all on a 3bar fpr... no need for a 4bar one

<tuffty/>

I have a few mode . Big turbo custom exhaust manifold lighened fly wheel with carbon cevlar clutch. S3gearebox, light pulleys 365cc injectors and i will fit a 5bar fuel pump .
And the car is a a3 1.8t ajq engine fully refurbished engine.

AJQ enjine is an A3 quattro isn't it?... if you know the intank pump is ok you could fit an external inline pump to support it like a DA-31... that will be more than enough

As Dave said... what turbo?

<tuffty/>

I like them pulleys. They are more than1.5 lighte than oryginal. And for 60 £ is worth to buy it.
I have a t3/t4 turbo with 27 psi boost.

If I will have to then I will buy bigger injectors but not necceserly becouse I paid 50£ for them 365 cc injectors nad i dont want to spend too much money .
And I need new pump because my pump has cover a 200000 miles.

Ok thanks for that ... i will ask seler that them pulleys are balanced just to confirm but then I will take them off.
And back to the injectors . If i use a 4 bar with them injectors should run to 350 ? Of them injectors are not enought?

It's not about the pulleys being balanced, its about the pulley absorbing the high frequency engine vibrations.

I also made the mistake up buying those pulleys, they make nice ornaments now :)

But what you thing if I get fuel pump with 5bar pressure them injectors will run a 350?

Just to clarify for you folks it have a AJQ engine, 180bhp as standard and it's in a a3 Quattro,

No the rods not yet. That why I dont want to go more than 350. I need to consider what will be easier. New pump anf filter and all the pipes or just buy and re fit bigger injectors.
Then if i fit 550 injectors then i will be able to run them on standaerld pump?

No the rods not yet. That why I dont want to go more than 350. I need to consider what will be easier. New pump anf filter and all the pipes or just buy and re fit bigger injectors.
Then if i fit 550 injectors then i will be able to run them on standaerld pump?

That is a safe power. Crank is forget then...
And there is a few them audis with 350 bhp in poland and they have no problems. And i am a careful driver and I will not overuse that power

Ok .
I will change them later on because now I sepnd all my sawings. But what about pistons? If i fit forged rods do I need also a forged pistons?

Aha I will see how is going on dyno and then I will see it meybe i will go for less. But how you thing what power will be safe for my?

An image commonly used by Bill...

rod_lottery.png