S3 Servicing beyond warranty....

• Thread starter imported_spuddie007
  • Start date
I

imported_spuddie007

Hi All

Juts wanted to know if anyone had any experience of servicing their S3 at a Seat stealer?

Have been quoted the numbers below, and seems much more reasonable than the Audi stealers' price.

Any experience here? Also, it's not gonna reduce the value by much if I sell the car a couple of years down the road is it? It's a 2000 W plate out of warranty!

We can offer you the Bronze, Silver or Gold services. These services are our own services that we have provided for our customers to help lower their servicing costs.

The Bronze service consists of an oil and filter change and is classed as a lubrication service

The Silver service is an intermediate service carried out every year with oil and filter change and an inspection of the vehicle

The Gold service is the full service consisting of oil and filter, air filter and pollen filter, brake fluid change and a full inspection of the vehicle, not including the cam-belt.

The costs for the services are as follows: -

Bronze = £90 inc VAT, Parts and Labour

Silver = £150 inc VAT, Parts and Labour

Gold = £200 inc VAT, Parts and Labour

Cheers
Spuddie

Personally, I would ensure the car is serviced according to the schedule in the S3 service handbook - not sure this bronze-sliver-gold thing is really what you need. Make sure that parts that should be replaced are taken care of (eg haldex oil, cam belt etc).

However, a good independent garage should be able to do this much cheaper than the Audi dealer.

I had my S3 2nd AVS done at my local VW dealer £280.

No problems and obviously with the VAG parts.

my god, I wonder what they do for a "bronze" service. Just the oil for an S3 service is 82 quid....

I'm currently checking the prices of a service in my area, and have so far found £60 difference between Audi dealerships....

[ QUOTE ]
my god, I wonder what they do for a "bronze" service. Just the oil for an S3 service is 82 quid....

[/ QUOTE ]

£82 for oil... someones taking the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif, I didn't even pay that at Audi main dealer prices! you can get 5Litres of good correct spec oil for £20-30 as a consumer so for garages with the bucket loads it should be very very cheap!

most dealers I've been to will charge from £10 to £15 / litre for the AVS stuff.

Similar to WilkoS3 I just had my 2nd AVS done at the local VW dealer. Also needed its first MOT and brake fluid change - £347 in total. Audi wanted about £350 just for the service and there was a 2 week wait.

As for how this could affect the resale/service history I'm not sure but anyone who knows what they're looking for would look for details of a proper Audi/VW type service with VAG parts I'd hope.

I think the service history is OK. The VW garage pulled up my car's history on their database, so the AUDI dealers must be able see the service details entered by the VW garage?

all the vag group use Dialog (sp?) for keeping track of vehicles history across the whole range.

Its always useful, as you can go into any vag dealer and get a full print out of a cars history your interested in buying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you go to a SEAT dealer, make sure they use the right oil for AVS. Either the SLX longtec or the new Castrol Gold.
The spec is 503.01.

I speak from experience. Last Saturday they put SLX2 in my car and only after strong protests and 2 calls to Audi, did they acknowledge it was the incorrect oil.
They put SLX2 in the Cupra R apparantly ?
Anyway, I nipped to Halfords, got the right oil and they droped the SLX2 and replaced it with the Gold.

Job done, but be careful.

I'm happy they sorted it out with no fuss, total bill was £50 for the oil from Halfords, and £30 for oil change and filter.

I'm keeping to Audi for main AVS services, but like to drop my oil every 6K.

out of interest matt, why did you take it to castlegate rather than robinsons?

Robbo's wouldn't quote to just change the oil.
They wanted to do an annual service. Its only done 6k since the last AVS service and is still showing 11k till the next one, so no way was I paying for an annual service when its not needed.