S3 surges of power

Wallm0nkey

Reaction score
First time I've drove the car for a little while as my partner mentioned it felt a little jerky. Seems to occur when going slowly and part throttle random surges of power. Seems hard to make it happen appears to be fine if you drive it a little more quickly and is boosting ok as far as I know. It's odd that it isn't a constant thing can appear fine for a while?

Reccently aquired vagcom so hoping for a little advice on what to log first to point me in the right direction.
cheers!

First time I've drove the car for a little while as my partner mentioned it felt a little jerky. Seems to occur when going slowly and part throttle random surges of power. Seems hard to make it happen appears to be fine if you drive it a little more quickly and is boosting ok as far as I know. It's odd that it isn't a constant thing can appear fine for a while?

Reccently aquired vagcom so hoping for a little advice on what to log first to point me in the right direction.
cheers!

Same thing happened to me when my N75 became tired, I'd put my foot to the floor in third - nothing happens then all of a sudden the N75 opens causing over boost on the turbo... Replaced the N75 valve and all was good in the world :)

Way to check this in Vagcom would be to log block 115 (I think) which covers requested pressure and actual pressure, take car out for a spin try and get the issue to replicate and see what the logs say. If the N75 is faulty you'll see requested is more than actual at first (as you put your foot down) then the actual will overshoot.

Not that expensive to replace, I paid less than £40 in Feb this year.

Reactions: Wallm0nkey
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have a mess tomorrow and post the findings my list of jobs on the car is growing by the minute.

I sometimes get something similar shortly after starting the car. When I leave the car park at work sometimes I end up surging out of the car park for no apparent reason