Need advise with my S3 please!

Performance

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, so wanna greet you all.

I have been earning an S3 for past 5 months (bought new) and wondering what kind of tuning package could you suggest for this car?

I consider myslef a fairly good driver, but I am not a guru on technical issues. I just know basics.

So, I am looking for decent all-round package:

Exterior Kit
Exhaust System
Engine Modifications

I am looking for quality performance package, not some fancy look/half part child toy.

All I know about is the performance chip that can boost it from 165kw to 195kw or something.

So, any suggestions on a tuning package?

Thanx in advance.

wanted to do same sort of things to mine when i got it, but spoke to audi hq about the warrenty & what would happen with mods there reply was whatever i changed that part of the car wouldnt be coverd bit of a ******. So its up to u if u want 2 run the risk if u do make sure that u have a good bank manager who is genourus. dont let me put u off the idea though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'd definately get it chipped. The difference is supposed to be sublime, and hard to detect even by Audi.

If you are concerned about warranty, look at ABT - they are Audi approved, but expensive with little performance gain in comparison to other tuners.

[ QUOTE ]
Jurruk said:
Hi, I am new here, so wanna greet you all.

I have been earning an S3 for past 5 months (bought new) and wondering what kind of tuning package could you suggest for this car?

I consider myslef a fairly good driver, but I am not a guru on technical issues. I just know basics.

So, I am looking for decent all-round package:

Exterior Kit
Exhaust System
Engine Modifications

I am looking for quality performance package, not some fancy look/half part child toy.

All I know about is the performance chip that can boost it from 165kw to 195kw or something.

So, any suggestions on a tuning package?

Thanx in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where about's are you from? The fact you mention Kw rating means you are probably not from the UK. If you're from Belgium, Holland or Germany amongst others then your Audi dealer will quite happily chip your car for you with ABT (As mentioned by Audi Girl) whilst still maintaining the warranty.

Dealers here in Holland seem to be quite happy to sell modified cars, like the 420bhp S3 I went to see recently, so I would check with your dealer to see what they can offer and what they'll let you do.

In general I would say leave the bodywork as is, don't do a German over the top wide **** body kit job on it!! PLEASE!
Change the wheels for 18's maybe RSTT's or the ones from the RS6 (Not sure on the name), and lower the car 20-25mm on a set of the Gmbh springs (From Audi). If you haven't got the Aluminium mirrors from factory and dependent on the colour of the car get some, as they certainly finish the darker colour cars off.

There are so many other things which can be done, but it really depends on what you are looking for in terms of look and performance etc, and it depends on where you are from as well. Let us know and the suggestions will come flooding in.

Welcome to the boards. Gambba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome Jurruk,

I cant find in your profile your location, but if you live in the NL,BE,D area it can be nice to attend the meeting on the 16th on the ring (as proposed by Gambba uin the meets section).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Personally I rate AmD - the figures are backed up by Rolling Road results. It's a good RR with nice big fans etc., and can handle quattro/4WD cars.