starting problems S3

mdwyer

Reaction score
Hi,
I nneed help my S3 is refusing to start ?battery ok cranked it over for 5 mins and flattened it recharged still does not start ,?alarm started the beep ,
is it posible that the problem is associated with the immobalizer
Thanks Merdock

the immobiliser light stays on if it has a problem, plus it starts and dies whithin a second.

Turning with out starting? Handy if you have access to vagcom. I would try to start it and then take out a spark plug and check if it is wet with petrol and if it is sparking. Hard to say without looking at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Could be loads of things, if the plug is dry then it could be fuel pump/relay. If it is wet and therefore not sparking it could be a range of things like crankshaft position sensor.

Does it even try to start? any spluttering?

If so it could be a dodgy coolant temp sensor.

I don't want to worry you, but I would also pull the plastic cover on the left of the cylinder head to one side to check the cam belt is okay.

Hi,
It started getting poor at starting the begining of the week.now it just turns over and no sign of it attempting to start,as for the cam belt it was only done about 4 months ago.
Thanks Merdock

Hi,
Problem found,a blown fuse for the fuel pump new one fiited and blown again ,looks like a new fuel pump or something .
Thanks Merdock