3" downpipe & sport cat?

S

SteveSAS

Hi Guys, Am I able to get a 3" downpipe with single sport cat on my S3 without it showing up any faults?
The car is completely standard at the mo & am thinking of afterwards getting just a stage one map. The reason I ask is while browsing around tuning companies I noticed AMD state that for a full Miltek turbo back system requires a stage two remap.

Thanks

Steve

not sure how much you are looking at paying but in my experience go for the best possible cat you can as some cheap cats will throw up a code, speak with pipe werx best quality exhausts and fitted and very good price

I've looked at Pipewerx but they just toooooo far away from me down south.
Do you know why AMD state that a Miltek sports cat requires a stage 2 map?
If I get the exhaust done on a standard engine will it not run right?

Cheers

I've looked at Pipewerx but they just toooooo far away from me down south.
Do you know why AMD state that a Miltek sports cat requires a stage 2 map?
If I get the exhaust done on a standard engine will it not run right?

Cheers

I take that the other way round mate.....

You need a Milltek for a Stage 2 map.. I've got the relentless downpipe and sports cat, running fine with stage 1 map - stage 1 was on the car before the exhaust was fitted - no issue here :)

Ok, I had a rough quote from longlife today & its £350 ish for catback £500ish for 200 cell (twin sports cat) all the way back & if I want a 3" downpipe it will cost over a grand as its an all day job replacing downpipe as you have to pop the driveshafts.
Done this sound correct?

cheers

Ok, I had a rough quote from longlife today & its £350 ish for catback £500ish for 200 cell (twin sports cat) all the way back & if I want a 3" downpipe it will cost over a grand as its an all day job replacing downpipe as you have to pop the driveshafts.
Done this sound correct?

cheers

I have a long life cat back system on my s3 and its brilliant, can't fault it. However i rang up to see how much they would charge for a down pipe and decat to match up. They quoted me £100 for the decat and refused to quote for the down pipe as its a pain in the ****. The guy literally said, 'ahhh the s3 down pipe, we won't be doing that its a pain.' From what iv rear on here it is a mission but people have managed to fit them. Think i might have to buy the setup then find somewhere willing to fit it. So I'm not sup prised you've been quoted all day from what i have experienced and read.

What are you going to do?

Adam

I have a long life cat back system on my s3 and its brilliant, can't fault it. However i rang up to see how much they would charge for a down pipe and decat to match up. They quoted me £100 for the decat and refused to quote for the down pipe as its a pain in the ****. The guy literally said, 'ahhh the s3 down pipe, we won't be doing that its a pain.' From what iv rear on here it is a mission but people have managed to fit them. Think i might have to buy the setup then find somewhere willing to fit it. So I'm not sup prised you've been quoted all day from what i have experienced and read.

What are you going to do?

Adam

Ok Adam, thanks for that. I'm still not sure yet, may ask around a few other places to see what they say & like you say may get an idea from local garage of cost of fitting if I were to source exhaust. I may be tempted in the end with just the 200 cell cat & rest of system from longlife although what comments I've heard on here is that the replacement twin sports cat aren't really worth it & is the ****** downpipe that is the main restriction. I didn't actually get told longlife wouldn't do it but defintly felt they were putting me off with the price & what a big job it is. So surely if a dedicated exhaust company doesn't fancy it then what chance anyone else will lol

Yeah i was really surprised, i have been advised by another forum member 'VRBOB' to go for a relentless down pipe and sports catt as you can get them both for £280 then i will use a local mechanic to fit it. Thats the route I'm planning anyway.

Yeah i was really surprised, i have been advised by another forum member 'VRBOB' to go for a relentless down pipe and sports catt as you can get them both for £280 then i will use a local mechanic to fit it. Thats the route I'm planning anyway.
Ok is it right that you can only get from US though? Won't shipping be expensive?