Hello, firstly I apologise if some/all of these have been covered - I have been through the search function and had no joy although I confess that there is a LOT to go through!
As the title says, I am suffering some silly niggles with my '99 A3...I picked it up as a cheap runabout in need of a little work although it has had money spent by previous owners (poly bushed practically through out, poly'd dogleg, remapped, mild lowering on good springs, judging by ride quality). Only oddities are the induction setup and the use of a 4 bar FPR but as it's running ok I will rectify the FPR when I get around to it - MPG isn't suffering.
1. The revs rise and are slow to fall when pushing the clutch in for gear changes. I am running a lightened and balanced HotGolf ABF flywheel and VR6 clutch so revs rise quicker than with the dual mass. I have investigated my own driving style and drawn out the gear shifting process and the issue is still there. I'm wondering if there is a known vacuum line issue or something else that can cause this.
2. The ABS light comes on as and when it feels like it - and when it does come on, it seems that the engine loses a couple of PSI boost....? The ABS still functions as it should (tested) and the illumination of the light is without rhyme or reason.
3. The red coolant warning on the display comes on sometimes when starting from cold. I have done the obvious checks - coolant level, keeping an eye on temperature, checking for contamination of coolant/oil, ensuring heaters blow hot, etc. so am wondering if this is a level sensor issue akin to that which affected older VAG cars (mk2 Golf being one from memory).
4. Speedo is under-reading by 8-12 mph (deviation increases with speed). Again, is there a known issue?
Now for the questions...
1. Can cupholders be retrofitted anywhere into the dash and if so, what model(s) should I be looking for to get the parts?
Thanks in advance