BAM ecu to APY ecu

skoorBIts

Reaction score
Hi guys , i know it's been mentioned before that you can't use an APY map on a BAM ecu but could you swap the whole ecu over with associated clocks and bits and if so then what would the difference be , the APY ecu is remapped to 270 brake.
cheers

So I understand this... you have a BAM and want to fit an APY ecu???

Basically don't.... you will be replacing your existing setup with an inferior one all to get a remap that you can buy for 250 quid... and... the map may not even work on the hardware you currently have due to all sorts of reasons...

You will lose wideband control, EGT protection and VVT by going backwards technology wise...

<tuffty/>

Hi guys , i know it's been mentioned before that you can't use an APY map on a BAM ecu but could you swap the whole ecu over with associated clocks and bits and if so then what would the difference be , the APY ecu is remapped to 270 brake.
cheers

why?

wiring different also

all to save you getting a map done??

not advised

APY is narrow band and BAM is wideband which is better

I swapped from APY to BAM

What your wanting to do will cost a bit of money and for what a stage 2 remap cost i would rather get it mapped rather than swap everything over

You can give me the bam ecu if you want ;) but seriously it's like stepping back don't do it, just get it mapped instead!

Thanks guys , i'm a total Audi virgin and didn't know if this was possible or even worth doing as i found a APY ecu remapped to 270bhp for £130 . Glad i got the right site for info here and guess i'll just get a remap/air filter/exhaust but first my clutch is on the way out so should i go paddle , heavy duty , fast rd or standard . Eventually i want about 300bhp from the engine . By the way , if anyone wants help or info on rover/mg then give me a shout :yes:

No real need to go paddle tbh... there are quite a few clutch discussions on here... its a subjective topic... the OE clutch and DMF setup is more than up to the task but obviously depends on how you drive and the sort of journeys you do...

If you want something a little more 'launch' proof then you can use a Sachs paddle plate with a normal DMF/OE cover for OE fell (light pedal) but more bite... I have run this setup for a while and love it but obviously paddle plates do wear more than organic... I got about 20k from my plate but the (new when I fitted them) cover and DMF will go again though on a new paddle plate

Stick to OE (LuK from GSF is the same) if you don't plan to launch it everywhere...

<tuffty/>