Cold weather exhaust vapor?

Wallm0nkey

Reaction score
Since the weather has been cold I've noticed my S3 appears to give off a lot of vapor from the exhaust. Like when a cars first started in the cold but it seems to stay even when upto temp. Oil and coolant appear fine no contamination or excessive use since I've owned the car. Pretty sure it isn't smoke and doesn't get worse when I put my foot down mostly notice it when idling traffic etc.

Only issue I know of with the car is a slight blip when idling I don't believe the two are related. I'm hoping to track down the idle problem now I've got Vagcom so any tips on how to go about this are much appreciated as it's all new to me!

the idle may be a small vac leak somewhere. i have the same thing with vapor or steam from my A3 though, hopefully it's perfectly normal, only ever notice it in cold weather

Reactions: Wallm0nkey
I was hoping it's either normal or acceptable! It's just one of those things since I noticed I find my self keep checking it.

I have checked the pipes over and replaced anything obvious but think I'll have to give it a proper going over. My end aim is to replace it all and fit a catch can. Certainly kept my evenings busy since having this car :)

mine does the same this time of year I've had the car three years now its nothing to worry about

Reactions: Wallm0nkey
Thanks people has put my mind at rest! I have been scratching my head about it and no other S3 to compare to locally!