Headlight issue

Shaun-84

Reaction score
Morning all,

forgive me as I have seen a post regarding this issue but can't Seem to find it anywhere now so require your help and guidance please.

i have a 2002 S3 BAM

on the driver side headlight there is a little white clip inside the unit which the auto-level motor sits in and mine is broken. I have contacted the usual audi and tps etc but they do not sell these. Does anybody have a damaged headlight (with this clip in it) lying around I could purchase. As I begrudge paying out £250 for a second unit just for the sake of a small white plastic clip. Or even better advise if anyone has any of these clips lying around.

Think I remember in the post I now can't find that a group buy was done as somebody managed to get them made up. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures when I took headlight apart (stupid I know).

Again in any help/ideas and suggestions welcomed as it's really doing me in now.

thanks in advance

Shaun

do a search, some one on the site does metal ones and a post within the last week or so says you can get a set for a jag that fit

mark

Just a quick note about the common faul the clip breaking leaving the headlight out of alignment ..

have seen one guy selling a machined one for a tenner...
Today i received some Jaguar ones which are exactly the same and for HElla ... fitted these today and are exact ... Had headlights apart to was easy to do .. The guy selling these as part of a kit did give these to me FOC to see if they would be the same... so i guess he will be selling these now for Audi headlights ... see link ... the clip is the bottom one in the pic ... not sure what he will sell them for ...

Jaguar S-Type Headlight Adjuster Repair KIT- NEW -Life Warranty. | eBay

here it is​

Thanks very much guys for providing all the help and info I needed. I have decided to go with the metal ones due to their extra strength, but again thanks to everyone who posted.

Looking forward to finally getting this sorted.