APR serial port tuning

AndybS3

Reaction score
Just spoke to Jim at Star Performance at Glenrothes they could be started serial port tuning by Thursday. They can do a free trial which can last up to 10 hrs the clever thing is that if you have cruise control you dont need to rebook if you like it you just phone back and youll get a 4 digit pin number punch it into the cruise and your away if you dont have cruise Star can fit the geniune part. I have also seen on other posts that the cruise is inoperable after the upgrade to APR this is not the case the cruise switches the car between 4 performance programs but also operates as standard cruise.

Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
p.s. Jim says anyone goin to the Scottish meet are more than welcome to drop in for the trial Glenrothes is a short drive from Dundee.
I have nothing to do with APR or Star Performance im just passin the word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

same line as what ive heard with awesome gti, getting my done in a weeks time woow woow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anybody know what the prices are?

[ QUOTE ]
Andy bS3 said:

p.s. Jim says anyone goin to the Scottish meet are more than welcome to drop in for the trial Glenrothes is a short drive from Dundee.
I have nothing to do with APR or Star Performance im just passin the word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Waaah, I must banish that thought from my head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

What thought???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Aside, I've used Star Performance before and been very happy with the results.

The prices are £449+vat for the remap and £175+vat for the cruise.

Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I should have my remap in a week or so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Getting it fully loaded with TBA, FA, Security Lockout and so on..

didnt gte the port version as have had delays but boy is it fun especial with the optimax setting car is a dream

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yes it is switchable all done via the cc, i didnt have cc so had it add and its great just switch the cruise on and then hold the select button the engine management light will come on and then flash one a sec for std twice for chipped and 3 times a sec for optimax

chipped is good but the optimax setting really brings the car out

Hi Will, Looks like you are happy with the APR. I like you think the Optimax program is the baby, I wonder if could get away with running on 95 RON fuel in this program. Anybody actually done this and survived ? Have you found any downside if only poorer fual economy or is it too early to tell. I am still holding out for the serial port job but could be a long wait.

well they said that if you do run in optimax with the 95 ron you can damage the engine, ive found the car to be faster and much more fun to drive and in optimax it seem to pull so much i mean i left trafic standing at 90mph, not that im one to speed but i had it at 140mph and was still pulling hard and strong. but thought better slow down as dont want to lose the license and then i cant drive the car

they say the chip and serial is the same so not im bothered

yeah the code will be exactly the same, the only difference is the way the code is put into the ECU, the serial method is the quicker and less obvious way, but the EMCS chip is a very good method, one which I personally quite admire.

where can one find someone local in the gloucester area that does this? i've had nothing but great results from APR in the past...

Im not sure if there is anywhere down here that does APR... Anyone else know?? I think the closest place is Awesome GTi in manchester (up that way)...

Rich

Im looking..

so am i reading it right? once you have been done by dealer i assume you get some sort of lead and logon to get new updates off the web directly to your car?

"With our DirectPort system, there is no software to download or updates to be e-mailed. To program a car, you simply login to a web page. Software updates are instant, and ensuring that you always have the latest version of the software"

Nice one Rich!

Very close to me.

I might have to pop and pay them a visit.

the thing that one me to apr was the fact of switching via the cruise control rather than the dongel. There new serial still does the same as well. but self download of updates sounds a good idea just need a laptop and wireles broadband