MAF Sensor??

JoeeS3

Reaction score
My car seems to be misfiring a little on startup then just going back to normal after a couple of seconds, i change the coilpacks the other day along with the spark plugs and no change, i disconnected the maf for my journey to work this morning and everything seemed to run a lot smoother. i take it this is a dodgey MAF? has anyone had a similar problem just for a bit of clarification. (still learning about all these kind of things)

yeah mate is a common issue by looks of things, a lot of stuff on here about them
don't buy a cheapy off ebay I tried this and seems others have and there well to but it bluntly sh*t
make sure you get a bosch one
I alos changed the n75 at the same time as these are a common thing to go on the car
mine was running the same as yours and its sorted it all out now changing the bits

i hope this is the problem the car feels so unsure when accelerating! i may change the n75 too then

i'll order the maf as i was planning on getting a new one anyway, and if the problem still persists i'll leave it to you when i come up on the 30th bill.

yeah sorry I forget to mention that to badger is right I also did a smoke test to see if there was any leaks aswell

bill I have been talking to joe abit on a thread I have started to do with lowering
as I have been saying there is no one atal around here similar and with your knowledge
im looking to get some help with my car
and also to learn some new stuff
obviously you are a very busy man
but I would be interested in bringing my car down to you because it looks like im going to have to travel to get what I need

thats what i didnt want to here tbh haha! it doesnt seem to misfire on start when the maf is disconnected though, so hoping its not the fuel pump. will see what happens if i change the maf, will give the throttle body a clean aswell