MAF causing ABS/ESP warning + hesitation

Adam_S3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been experiencing some hesitation and bogging down under load from my s3 since i got it 3 weeks ago. In conjuction with this i have had intermittantly the abs and esp lights coming on the dashboard.

Yesterday aswell as the lights i got the warning display and 3 beeps flashing on the dash "ABS fault go to dealer"... then today leaving work the car seemed to go into limp mode and i had no power.

I decided to try unplugging the MAF to see if it would fix the hesitating - and it did! completely different car.

The question is, a bit of research has shown me that the MAF frequently triggers the ABS/ESP due to them reading it for load data... What is the chances of me replacing the MAF and solving all my problems?

and also where to buy a new MAF, as i see a lot of people have had issues with ECP recon units.

Cheers!

Yep, I think you've answered your own question! New maf should do the trick...

you may have read only get a bosch maf from gsf or tps, i got one from ecp and still having issues may not be the maf but.
mark

the gsf one is only £45 ... so unsure if that's a bit cheap to be a good 'un?

I should think the bosch one will be the premium part, which works out about £80 ish after you get the surcharge back.

Fitted the nww MAF today... hesitation sorted. ABS Warning and 3 beeps still going... I tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't work..

And still no fault codes (scanning with torque app and obd2 bluetooth)

Any ideas?