Off to Bill's for a few tweaks so we've been busy

Well, we know from phillers work that the stock compressor is capable of producing 313bhp, so I'm going to guess at 318 as a final figure with a more free flowing turbine :)

either way, awesome results Russ, hope you enjoy the drive home!

Not a final figure and this will come down a bit but it just made 339.7......

Reactions: Gops, IrishDave and Goubo1
WTAF!>!?!?!?!?!?!!!???!!!

That compressor may be stock size, but feck me, it's not working as a stock one is it!?!"

Not at all lol like I said that's not a final figure and will come down some but certainly shows what it can do!

I really wanna see this.. Because I have the 11 blade version lol!

before..std k04, lightly ported,12psi actuator vs BBT new "entry" level K04 hybrid..... You might need to rethink this now - lol

340bhp 350lbft(equivalence)

1463764_465020190282738_915453098_n.jpg

Reactions: kwistof, olly quattro, Sam_ and 2 others
wow, so it's spooling up faster AND making 50bhp more at the top end? what's not to love!

I've ordered EVERYTHING! Lol! Just waiting on a few bits and bobs and she'll be built in the next 2 weeks! I am planning on getting wmi as well.. Just gotta find out how to fit it lol!

Torque profile between 4k and 5.5k looks a bit weird? Whats going on there?

Where have you been for the last 2 years kev?

EVERY high powered ko4 based turbo has that torque profile these days!

Slow it down early on to help sustain turbine energy at the top end is what I understand that to be, I stand to be corrected, but I think that's it.

I'm more than a little happy :) badger 5 ftw

Reactions: Sean_S3 and Prawn
whats werid about it?? eh?

Maybe its just as prawn described.

I was expecting to see it peak at full boost around 4k, plateau for a bit than start dropping.

Whereas that hits full boost at 4k but only makes 280lbft, then spends the next 1500rpm climbing in torque before peaking at 5,5k at 300lbft, then drops off.

Wow! Great results Russ!! Hope the 11 blade makes something near this! I think it'll be hard to beat though!! Epic turbo!!! ;)

What is the spec of your hybrid.

"Stock" sized compressor wheel k04.. Yes stock 42/56mm wheel. Although billet and larger exducer taper

tfsi turbine
ported turbine housing
ported wastegate
12psi actuator

Torque profile between 4k and 5.5k looks a bit weird? Whats going on there?

I should clarify that i'm not having a dig or anything here. The fantastic result goes without saying, and i'd been commenting on exactly that moments before with various members off board.

Re-reading it, (after some prodding by Prawn), i can see it comes across as though i'm having a pop, due to the post being a bit terse, when infact i was simply curious as to the shape of the torque curve.

Cheers
Kev

Picturesssssss wooooooo :yahoo: Wheres these naked ones you were on about then :lmfao:

Thats a nice bit of power you have there, very.. sleeper :wub:

Reactions: slowcoach3

I was expecting to see it peak at full boost around 4k, plateau for a bit than start dropping.

Whereas that hits full boost at 4k but only makes 280lbft, then spends the next 1500rpm climbing in torque before peaking at 5,5k at 300lbft, then drops off.

the boost profile/torque output is exactly what have set it to be. None of the hybrids like a hit of initial boost, as they get the cyl temps too hot and plummet torque earlier as revs rise, loosing peak power. Bring the boost in at a level... then raise it a little mid range and hold as much as its willing to stand seems to tick the boxes in terms of balance of heat/back pressure/cyl temps etc

I ran more boost earlier and lost 20bhp when I tried it.. for pretty much minimal torque gains mid range.

Striking the balance with the hardware.

please add 16% tomy dynos torque figures to get an equivalence with others like rtech,jkm,AmD(now) as mine reads 16% lower peak torque figures to all of these.. the 280lbft is 324lbft on other folks dynos.

hope that explains..

Reactions: Sean_S3
Kinell great figures, bet your made up :)
Are we saying this could possibly be the 'mid-brid' then ?

Im sooo confused as to how many turbo options there are out there! :blink: Great result though, would be super pleased with that

So what Is the final settled figure? You said bill toned it down?

That was the final figure , 340 bhp, 302lbft ( 350lbft ) :) Bill had a play with a few changes but the set up responded best to this version of the map so that's what I drove away with, quickly I might add ;)
A very, very big thank you to Bill and a very big well done to Dan for building such an awesome entry level baby hybrid! Mr Miller also built a pretty sweet engine too ;)

Reactions: Gops
Lol is that Mark? Didn't realise that was you! Made it home safely and quickly lol Minor work list is now headlights, windscreen wipers and a small leak to sort. Much easier than a modding list, never taking that sodding engine apart again now. Cheers for your help and work today dude, much appreciated

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Just saw the figures pop up on vagtalk, congrats! Once I get my ko3s working properly I'm going to map it, I should imagine I'll get bored after a while so seeing all these options popping up is not going to help my bank balance.

Go big or go home :) or keep trying and trying til broken ****** and exhausted you get what you want lol

:) i cant add anymore than i did in my phone call this afternoon, today, for me, made all the work worthwhile, just need to get Jimmy set up for a rebuild now, even tho i hate 20vT lumps lol

Engine wise it was rods, agu pistons, new rings, big end bearings and pick up pipe. Rest of the mods are usual stage 2 bits plus bigger injectors and wmi. I did the brakes/suspension/handling mods a while ago and their importance shouldn't be overlooked in a quick heavy car!

yes mate, I had an agu but didn't think it necessary. I know it can play with the torque/spool on baby turbos and I like torque ;) besides I didn't think at my potential power levels it would be needed or beneficial

Last edited:
Engine wise it was rods, agu pistons, new rings, big end bearings and pick up pipe. Rest of the mods are usual stage 2 bits plus bigger injectors and wmi. I did the brakes/suspension/handling mods a while ago and their importance shouldn't be overlooked in a quick heavy car!

Thanks for that are the agu pistons a straight fit into a apy engine code do you know?
Where they the only bearing you replaced in the bottom end
Also did you have anything done to the head
Thanks chaz