EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

what exhaust 1.8t

looking to buy a s/s exhaust for my 1.8t .also going to fit the toyosports dp/decat and may buy the welly cooler so where should i get the s/s exhaust from or look to having one custom made anyone got one for sale thanks kev

2. # ADS
    ADS

BOOOOOOOOOST!!!

Status
    I would recommend you getting a custom exhaust from Longlife. Ive got the toyosports decat and downpipe with a custom 2.5inch catback system from longlife and it sounds very nice. Pops and bangs on the overrun nicely
    Current Mods
    KO3s, TIP, Longlife custom Exhaust, 3inch Downpipe/Decat, FMIC, Forge 008p dv, VR6 Clutch/G60 Flywheel, Stage 1 Revo Map, Momo GTR Alloys.

Waiting to fit
    Calibra 346cc injectors, JOM Coilovers and some bits and bobs.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    how much are you looking to spend? what are your long term power goals / limits, and how how loud to you want it to be mate?

I took a gamble on an ebay exhaust system just over a year ago now, I paid £220 shipped for a full TURBO back 3'' exhaust. it included the downpipe, decat, and full 3'' cat back exhaust system with two boxes. the fit is absolutely perfect and the quality seems very good, it also sounds great and isn't that loud at all.

VW Golf GTi Jetta MK4 99-04 1.8L 3" Turbo Back Exhaust Catback 1.8T w/ Downpipe | eBay

STAINLESS CAT TURBO BACK EXHAUST 3" TIP MUFFLER 99-05 VW JETTA/GOLF 1.8T MK 4 IV | eBay

SINGLE 3" MUFFLER TIP CATBACK/CAT BACK FULL EXHAUST VW GOLF 1.8T/1.8L TURBO MK4 | eBay

All the same product, all similar cost, stuipdly stupidly cheap for what you get.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    hi prawn ,thanks for the info the prices seem quite good .i am looking to poss fit a welly cooler and a remap. we have a 2000 s3 which we are breaking so i will be fitting brakes shocks and lowering springs if they will fit (any advise would be great) we only paid 750 for the car with full service history so i can throw abit of money at but not much thanks kev

Neutral

Status
    anyone else bought a exhaust from usa what other exhausts fit the 1.8t ie golf gti/leon any help please kev

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    the S3 brakes will fit yours Kev, although you'll need a 6mm carrier spacer if you want to fit the rears as well. The S3 front shocks and springs will fit but the rears are totally different.

A3 shares it's exhaust fitment with the mk4 golf mainly, although parts can be interchangable from leons, FWD TT's, and octavias too but tailpipe lengths differ on some
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.