ko4 turbo?

Just_Matt

Reaction score
I currently have a ko3s turbo on my audi a3 1.8t sport, Ive had stage 2 remap not got a print out of what bhp its running but will do, My turbo is currently whistling really loud when i hit boost in every gear not sure what it is, someone said my turbo is on its way out, I cant find a decent ko3s turbo and dont really wanna buy a second hand one as i dont know if its been ragged or anything.

Would a ko4 fit straight on my car, Ive got front mount and new downpipe and a miltekk straight through
would i need to change downpipe?

cheers

If you mean the K04 from an S3 then you will need to change exhaust manifold, TIP, injectors, coolant and oil lines, downpipe, MAF housing and get a custom map..

<tuffty/>

...oh and sort the charge pipe work out a bit too as the K04 is in a slightly different position to the K03... and mod the coolant hard pipe to the heater hoses.. there are a fair few conversion threads on here if yo want to have a search

<tuffty/>

Oh **** haha thought it wouldnt be that much, I have ko3s apparently on my car that the guy got before and got it fitted before me but i cant find one anywhereeeeeeeeeeee

Hey aren't officially called a kO3"s", only known by the S within the tuning range, it's just a slightly larger k03 in Borg Warner's info.

Rebuild or hybrid the K03s if you don't want to go down the route of a k04

I dont know how much this would all cost, How much would it cost to get it done, i.e would have to get a mechanic to fit it properly and obvs new turbo, What best turbo to get, So i just have a ko3? not a ko3s? lol im confused, not a car mechanic
:p

Check for boost leaks before you go condemning the turbo.

If you want to know what turbo you have, look at the ID plate on the compressor housing and see what the part number says it is. Its a small blue tag, and the part number will be something like 5303 123 0053