What have you done today?

Was it any good??

Didnt even know about it...lol!!

Whooo hoooo :)

Finally pushed the old girl through her MOT yesterday after she failed at the weekend :(

Got to love a simple fix of....remove item, clean connections, replace item = voila it now works :rock:

One less thing to worry about for another year :racer:

^ gratz. Always hate when my MOT is coming up, I'm going to need a new windscreen to get through mine, my windscreens seem to break for fun.

Managed to nap a front s3 break set up last night, the stock breaks are really **** considering the extra power I've got now.

Aaah cool is it a regular meet, might have to pop up to one soon.

Anyone going dubclub? And I need to find a "friendly" MOT'er

I got to 'first start' a twin turbo 2.8 V6 8L build :D

A friend couldnt get the immo data married up between clocks and ecu on another members car (small world), so of I bobbed with my toughbook and back of tricks and she's good to go albeit a few teething issues. Sure was a damn sweet build too, im guessing some posts ad photos will follow!

Anyone go Cov last night??

I might join you for the next one in that case.

Gops give me a bell ;)

I cleaned my sump and pickup did the red dogbone while I was at it. It wasn't too bad a few bits of crap in the pick up and no real disasters. Using the correct torque settings one of the little bolts sheared off so I finished it off without and no more problems. It doesn't appear to be leaking so I think I'll keep an eye on it and leave it til summer and drop it again to sort it out.

Did have a slight panic jumped in the car to visit my sister aircon making a horrible noise... It was just the plastic tray drivers side had unclipped at the top touching a pulley had the few seconds thinking I'd done something expensive!

I cleaned my sump and pickup did the red dogbone while I was at it. It wasn't too bad a few bits of crap in the pick up and no real disasters. Using the correct torque settings one of the little bolts sheared off so I finished it off without and no more problems. It doesn't appear to be leaking so I think I'll keep an eye on it and leave it til summer and drop it again to sort it out.

Did have a slight panic jumped in the car to visit my sister aircon making a horrible noise... It was just the plastic tray drivers side had unclipped at the top touching a pulley had the few seconds thinking I'd done something expensive!

How dirty was your pickup? Mine was pretty good, just a couple of bits of grit and dipstick. Plenty of burnt on oil in the sump though to remove.

I've driven 188 miles to the coast of Wales, cars used only 1/4 tank and ran perfectly. Checked into a nice hotel now.

Took off polybush top mounts (groaning harsh pieces of crap!), fitted std ones again, and swapped out the AP Sport front springs for my old Apex set, keeping the AP Sport shocks.

Ride quality restored, and car now sits level again. That AP Sport kit left the front too high, not convinced I got went the correct front springs, they certainly sent the wrong rear shocks so makes me wonder what else they got wrong...

Also removed the standard HID bulbs and ballast, as one was failing, and fitted a 55w HId kit with 5000k bulbs. I can see again!

I swap my intercooler pipes over and found this

The pickup was better then I expected I think it could of been left but had the same burnt on oil. Worth it for piece of mind though I guess.

Flew 21hrs + 3hr stopover home and then took the car for a spin. Was good to drive after having a Mk7 Golf Diesel, which was also nice it has to be said, if a little slow.

Got my grille, window trims and boot strip wrapped to look like black optic pack...
Paying £800 for the proper kit isn't an option... Just need mirrors spraying now...

I jizzed on my car! Image

Reactions: ScottD3, sssline, Nilz and 1 other person
I rewired the headlights on my Mk2 Golf with relays to take power direct from the battery bypassing the OE loom... never has the phrase 'night and day' been so appropriate :)

<tuffty/>

Meh. Took mine out. leaks badly, filled with water, heater packed up so can't de-mist it. Spent 20 minutes drying it out, only to go out and my EGT guage started playing up, loose wire somewhere.

meh. Winter is ****. Wheelspin in 4th at 110mph is scary.

Reactions: Gops
Rotated my winter tyres around from front to backs.

I hope it gets extremely cold very soon, anything above 8 degrees and they're not great :(

I've still got my winters on.. They're not bad. I did go over 150 and realise they're not rated at them speeds lol! bbt hybrid is too smooth, I'm gonna get points at this rate!

I've still got my winters on.. They're not bad. I did go over 150 and realise they're not rated at them speeds lol! bbt hybrid is too smooth, I'm gonna get points at this rate!

What are the ratings on your winters mate? With all this cold air about it's no wonder it's flying :D

What are the ratings on your winters mate? With all this cold air about it's no wonder it's flying :D

I'm not sure you know! I think it's V? They're flipping good in Ice, braking was as normal! I fear braking in ice and snow coz the s3 isn't the best, but with these tyres, it's bluddy great!

I'm not sure you know! I think it's V? They're flipping good in Ice, braking was as normal! I fear braking in ice and snow coz the s3 isn't the best, but with these tyres, it's bluddy great!

Yeah totally agree- they are in a different league when the snow and ice come and you need to use some sudden braking. They are lardy *** cars when it comes to stopping on ice/slush no matter if you have 312s or 6 pots fitted to main thing comes down to the rubber.

I've got V rated on my winters also- good for 149mph :eyebrows: :racer:

Fitted this today :) Really happy witth the way it looks. Need to secure the bottom at the windscreen better tho...

Boost 1
Boost 2
Boost 3

Where and how much did you get this for bree? Looks really good

Where and how much did you get this for bree? Looks really good

Thanks mate ;)

I got the Turbosmart gauge from ebay(£38), from a company in Blackpool.

I got the pillar pod from a company online called NOMAD. That was £42 for the single and iirc £48 for the double.

The good thing with the NOMAD pod is it replaces the entire A-Pillar trim so it keeps it looking factory !!

Technically I did this yesterday but...

20140115_150832.jpg

20140115_185128.jpg

20140115_185804.jpg

20140115_193436.jpg

20140115_193832.jpg

20140115_194331.jpg

20140115_194738.jpg

20140115_195143.jpg

20140115_200524.jpg

20140115_201034.jpg

20140115_202701.jpg