What have you done today?

i never thought to go on the bay until after if im honest. really should have though

It was only £13 more than mine so i wouldn't worry too much

i suppose so! at least it cleaned my car haha!

What wax or sealant do you use as I know You don't get one in the bag

ive been using the turtle wax atm, its doing the job but want to buy something better if i'm honest. what do you use?

At the minute i use auto glym hd hard wax which i find gives a very nice finish
Looking into some dodo juice or something next i think

Drama queen :p atleast you all have an S3! Mines still being worked on :(

Drama queen :p atleast you all have an S3! Mines still being worked on :(

When is it due back gops? Am I right in thinking your fitting the new haldex and having a engine rebuild done?

Yeah man! Haldex, gearbox, engine rebuild etc.. Head needs a little more work so it's back with Andrew.. Hoping to have it back by the end of the week so it goes into bill ontime! :)

Nice are you not doing the work yourself then? When's it booked in bill's?

I've been keeping an eye on your instagram gops, looks very exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product

fitted some new wind deflectors a couple of stickers and changed the rear numberplate lights as mine started to have abit of a disco

Been in hospital in agony due to a kidney stone!!! Went to collect my car last night. Been sat waiting for me for 4 weeks.Got there and the battery was dead. Tried push starting it with no joy. Had to go home for jump leads. Finally got it running then halfway home the pain starts. Went to A and E and found the cause was a kidney ston andPushing the car may have moved it. I finally get it back after spending 1600 quid and 6 week wait and i still cant drive it. Really think this car hates me!!! Gutted!!!

got audi to replace my coilpacks for free, and was given a brand new a3 s-line which i want so bad

Nice are you not doing the work yourself then? When's it booked in bill's?

well I was meant to but I couldn't have the time off as I was supposed to.. This meant I had to leave it in with someone.. Bill is extremely busy so I couldn't ask him last minute, but close(ish) to Me is midland vw. These guys are great and they've been taking care of the car since before I've owned it! They've done a great job since and just waiting on the head really.. Hope it's all done by end of week!

It was last night but... I finaly fitted my B5 tip,
This would have gone much easier if i had bought a new one and hadn't decided to do it in the dark and cold,
But i bet there are others like me... when i get an idea in my head the weather will not stop me,
So this morning my fingers feel like ive been scrubbing them with a wire brush,
The drive to work though... Oh yes , finaly i see what all the fuss is about,
The car feels so much more eager and ready to go, The boost seems to hold a little better too top end.
I havent had chance to log it yet but i need to see if i NEED to fit my injectors straight away,

Reactions: Vex182 and <tuffty/>
Ive been in lots of k04 tuned cars and owned 2 s3s. Only my current one has a b5tip and it feels so much better than any other k04 car ive been in. Just totally opens the top end of the rev range. And im not over sold on my map so i have no doubt more could he had. They work v well

Reactions: jitvv
Do they really make that much of a difference

I had the same optimism prior to fitting, but even on my car with a 10yr old stage1 remap made a nice increase, as I had Bill fit it, and had before and after RR runs. It gets better, I have since fitted a new MAF and decat, and still running the same map, I made 275 on RTechs rollers, still using standard intercoolers.

What difference did the decat make. Is it a downpipe to?

I keep toying with this method. Plus the rest of the bits. Manifold fmic tip filter. And a decent map must go ok?

I keep toying with this method. Plus the rest of the bits. Manifold fmic tip filter. And a decent map must go ok?

Depends on how far you want to go, I've always said, if I was chasing 300bhp, I'd just replace the S3 than go hybrid/big turbo. I only stuck the decat on because a member wanted postage charges and a drink on top. Spent more time on my suspension setup in the last 2 years to make it handle. :racer:

[SUB][/SUB]Well today I've recovered from a heavy nigth of red stripe jamaican food Jamaican rum and few smokes Orr three . But yesterday I fixed a new alternator on the s3 as the old one was dying . Bit of a pig to do .

Last edited:
I used my S3 again today, it's suprisingly brilliant in these damp conditions with my 4wd available, I tore the traffic apart! :racer:

Reactions: Nilz and ACWKGYTO
Investigated the vibration I'm getting at 60-70mph,

Prop shaft coupling bolts backed out and eating the gearbox :(

Then it got dark.

been out in mine 4 times this week, really loving it again despite it driving me mad at times. Still not got any motivation to do any work on it though, until it breaks I probably won't bother :laugh:

Weather sucks. Doesnt help in the actual work or having the entusiasm to start. Im sooo close to putting proper oil in since doing my rods. Car Feels so strong i cant wait!!

today has been tweaking and problem finding
removed baileys recirc and replaced with standard
few silicone hose
and n249 bypass

replaced my warn heater control buttons for mint ones. and fitted a couple of other bits

I had the same optimism prior to fitting, but even on my car with a 10yr old stage1 remap made a nice increase, as I had Bill fit it, and had before and after RR runs. It gets better, I have since fitted a new MAF and decat, and still running the same map, I made 275 on RTechs rollers, still using standard intercoolers.
How do you think it will fare in an MOT with the decat? I'd like to do it but I just don't want the yearly hassle of swapping it back and forth... I'm just too lazy.