What have you done today?

Looks good mate- black pipes will do the trick ;)

Fitted 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Much better stance now.

Removed the battery to get to the passenger headlight to try and sort out the wonkeyness as despite them passing the mot alignment I can't see much at night! turns out whoever fitted the last bulb trapped the wire underneath it so it wasn't sitting flush into the headlight and I also pulled the little adjusting levers into the up position for driving on the left, so hopefully they will be better now.

Then I removed the bose amp for some re-soldering

A3 Bose Amp

lol at parking in the disabled bay! I seen a porsche 911 turbo in the disabled bay at nec classic car show last week the bloke got out and ran to the doors as was spitting!

It was late and the car park was basically empty

Did my first DIY jobbie on the S3! Nothing compared to most of you guys, but managed to swap out the thermostat!

Reactions: slowcoach3 and Dani_B19
I have spent all day guzzling vpower and meth like its going out of fashion, I also found out the astra vxr's really aren't very quick and just to be nice to the old gal I emptied all the accumulated rubbish out of her. Oh and scared the brother in law who is a jap fan and had never been in something as silly as a 12yr old s3 lol

Reactions: JoeeS3 and Gops
Checked my oil yesterday after realising I hadn't checked it this month yet. Not a drop used! This has made me very suspicious and forced me to question whether my car is playing an elaborate yet fatal trick on me.

:unsure:

Reactions: Powelly and JoeeS3
I just went for a drive, with the rain coming down and the nights closing in these days it's hard to feel the love for the car sometimes.

Unleashing a 380bhp assult on hampshires finest flowing A-roads seemed to do the trick though :racer:

Reactions: Powelly, JoeeS3, Airs and 2 others
Checked my oil yesterday after realising I hadn't checked it this month yet. Not a drop used! This has made me very suspicious and forced me to question whether my car is playing an elaborate yet fatal trick on me.

:unsure:

my car uses very very little oil, i do a change once a year (although im on about 16 months at the moment) and apart from that i've never had to top it up. but i only do 3 - 5k miles per year

I have spent all day guzzling vpower and meth like its going out of fashion, I also found out the astra vxr's really aren't very quick and just to be nice to the old gal I emptied all the accumulated rubbish out of her. Oh and scared the brother in law who is a jap fan and had never been in something as silly as a 12yr old s3 lol

haha I love the sound of that! She feel nice then Russ? Once when mines done we'll have to jump in each others! I hope mine flows anywhere near as good as yours does!! :thumbsup:

Dangled by my testicles all day testing rusty welds on rusty pipework in the freakin freezing cold North Sea.... And I could repeat the same post for the next 8 days....:)

Reactions: audiholic ste
I feel for you Cecil, sod that!
Gops you'll be fine, last time bill did my car he used yours as a base map because it flowed so well! Mine made unexpected figures but you have bigger wheels so if you have a similar setbup I can't imagine you being disappointed! I'll happily swap for a blast :) loving the aggression of mine right, hours of fun

Reactions: Gops
Washed it yesterday and treated it to some Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax. Looked luurrvly this morning!

Just replaced both front wheel bearings, both steering arms, track rod ends, and bottom ball joints, no more knocking :) (track rod ends were the culprit) and genuine lambda sensor from audi also fitted, pocket rocket is back!

Took my S3 out the garage to fill it up with some VPower after getting my £50 Shell fuel voucher!! :yahoo:

25D86F04-B600-4C7F-AE69-5931A7E4D3EA_zpsuc6xkvwv.png

Averaged 22mpg last tank of fuel, which included 3 sessions out on track at ADI.

Then went for a quick blast, still have no 4wd, but car felt pretty quick with the cold ambient temps! :racer:

Braved the cold and replaced the rear discs and pads as the old ones were corroding and worn. Look so much better through the wheels now :)

Took the tailgate trim off to try and work out why the boot lights dont work...
I failed so far...

Replaced the worn front anti roll bar bushes, so hopefully no more knocking noises and used plenty of rubber grease on the new ones, so no squeaks either all being well :sm4:

Took a wire-brush drill attachment to the exhaust tips. Were totally black before, mighty shiny now!

Damn breather hoses.... also snapped my dipstick tube whilst fixing this, so put a new one on at the same time (pre-empted it happening when i done my N249 so kept a spare)
936034_10152056761015792_430641413_n.jpg

New headlight bulbs, flat wipers, removed the rear wiper motor to inspect (now replace) and emptied the crap out it + washed it.

Fitted some 15/20mm TPI spacers along with a wash, clay, polish and wax.

Now the n/s/r really shows up the toe angle that can't be sorted other than new bushes. Damn it.

Reactions: jojo
The A3 had its mot yesterday passed with one advisory on handbrake :)

Had the top hose blow off the turbo last night so today I binned the old jubilee's and fitted 2 fresh Mikalor hose clamps . A nice easy fix.

Gave my car a clean and swappedUploadfromtaptalk1385914824283my wheels over

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385914805610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385914805610.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: Lavis89
Just waiting for my new pressed plates to turn up along with some black silicone piping for intercooler and under the bonnet
Getting rid of the prange :)
Also got new lights ordered. ....

Hi, not what ive started today but what ive basically finished today.

Got hold of a tdi 5dr with full leathers but a seized engine.

How it had sat for 6 months.

20131104_143928_1.jpg

first day of owning it and straight after 12 hour night shoft.

20131116_141929.jpg

next day while I had a few hours spare.

20131116_153156.jpg

bought a complete engine to make my life easier. So had the car a week. New engine in using a trolley jack.

20131129_091707.jpg

another week gone, no playing in the week. After a good day on it friday it was all ready to fire up. Took some starting but got it goin. So today I did this.

20131130_161325.jpg

rob

Reactions: A3_130, VAG-Slag, mark_S3 and 3 others
... a little polishing of rear reflector ...
6d5edd065517030a0deb969b7086c1586eaf4f36p.jpg

... which was quite scratched ...
ae6af0da581bb7c187734a4f8a7524368559a0b1p.jpg

770aff5c47928f85f25a988dc994d499c6fb1274p.jpg

... first grinding with a grinder and grit of 400, 500 and 600 ...
bfe700feaa053d93a67bb726f0862c7f1320dccfp.jpg

... all scratches are removed ...
39cd69bbb613f8fba2e7e3422107187d8830fb72p.jpg

... followed by wet sanding with 1000 grit ...
82029fbdba4c6b287f78a3a21077053b9f8002bfp.jpg

... surface ready for polishing ...
c7b87500730f3637383e26eaed2a3dbbb47ca28dp.jpg

... polished - like new without any scratches :icon_thumright:
239cc22a9c4503dc76c57c3b247ccce934435fa8p.jpg

Reactions: ScottD3, S3 Paul, s3dave and 1 other person
Well it was yesterday but changed my brake light switch in less than 20 mins, no longer getting an error code, Win..!

i went down to halfords because i was bored, ended up buying the overpriced autoglym cleaning kit, cleaned my car. Had a decat pipe fitted and finally i met up with my friend and his lovely 200sx S14A
DSC 0383DSC 0425DSC 0418

i went down to halfords because i was bored, ended up buying the overpriced autoglym cleaning kit,

Lets face it...you only purchased the overpriced kit because it matched your car colour :p lol

Lets face it...you only purchased the overpriced kit because it matched your car colour :p lol

about 99% of the decision was that yes :haha: then the other 1% was because i have water drops on my car haha!

Reactions: kwistof
Not as much as i thought tbh i only paid 47 for the mine from the bay.