Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: What have you done today?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Amazing weekend....so busy I didn't even get a moment to post on here.

Ended up driving 736 miles on Saturday to go and meet chaz and picking up an interior

Then yesterday went of to BTCC at brands hatch :D

Two days booked of from work now so I can get the full interior in
    Is the BTCC on catchup tv anywhere?

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Is the BTCC on catchup tv anywhere?
    ITV4 have the rights IIRC and according to this the highlights will be on the Saturday...

British Touring Cars Championship | BTCC - Sport

Some great racing on display - although I'm not a fan of Plato I have to admit he put on some great skills in that second race.

Ooooo and I saw the New S3 Salloon in BTCC spec

(Yes I did only really need to add one picture- but I felt we needed to see all angles on this )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Doctor, s3dave and Lavis89 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I approve of both of those photos.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Watched first 2 races of the BTCC last night still got the third to watch yet.

Then got my alignment checked as fitted some new bits recently and all is now straight and true.

Now just washed off what seemed like half the Sahara desert sand that the rain shower left on my car along with what can only be described as massive bird cr4p that looks like it had been done by a passing ostrich!
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status
    I can't see a car in the second picture? Lol.
    Nilz likes this.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

5th Gear

Status
    Love that, Kwistof! Best time of the day for a spot of detailing. And no neighbours to make "funny" comments about rubbing the bloody paint off. Ha ha feckin' ha.
    Nilz, jitvv and kwistof like this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Ordered all the hoses, alloy pipes, n75 boss, map sensor boss, and dump valve boss to make up the pipe work for my intercooler :D. should arrive just in time for my car to come back from the body shop, will probably put off doing it for ages though
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

Status
    MOT tomorrow at 9am so have just been and checked all the silly things so one number plate light fixed and managed to fix one of the little bulbs in the high level brake light too.

So all should be good
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    reminds me i've got a number plate light out as well... TO EBAY!

Neutral

Status
    I had high revs (2000) problem, on start up as well as problem starting when engine was hot.
    So ordered a 'crankshaft sensor' and fitted it today, took me 50minutes all in and problems sorted.
    Very happy
    Lavis89 likes this.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add S3_DAVE on Facebook Visit S3_DAVE's Instagram Channel
    Had my car mapped at Badger5, highly recomended... very happy :D not sure my bank account will be with the ammount of v power that im about to purchase
    The Doctor, Lavis89 and Pubemammal like this.

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by seafar99 View Post
    I had high revs (2000) problem, on start up as well as problem starting when engine was hot.
    So ordered a 'crankshaft sensor' and fitted it today, took me 50minutes all in and problems sorted.
    Very happy
    Any chance of a quick guide? I've got this job to do myself and I'm not looking forward to it..
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

Neutral

Status
    20140402_210148.jpg20140402_210148.jpg20140402_210148.jpgVisited Brotek for detailing products and ended up with a remap and im more than pleased with both buys...
    Brodster likes this.

Status
    Got MOT`d

Went straight through bar some dodgy CO2 emissions being a tad high. So got some wynn`s engine clean additive and went for a good blast and it managed to get through in the end (just) so thats that done for another 12 months

So now shes as ready as I can get her for visiting mr Bill @ B5 on the 17th for some new software
    Last edited by vrbob; 3rd April 2014 at 15:50.
    s3dave likes this.

Neutral

Status
    After 2 long years "snowflake" is on the road again, fresh pics just after first 500km

... still need some little work to be done but will be

chears guys
    jojo, Nilz, s3 Hoggy and 3 others like this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Snowflake! Lol

Great work!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status
    Dropped the car off to get my new B5 exhaust manifold, Devilsown WMI kit, Turbo ported and front and rear R32 ARB's fitted. Remap in the next week or so. :D
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

Neutral

Status
    Took the headlights apart, polished the lenses... now need to buy a spray can to go joey mod

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I fitted some Badger 5 330mm 2 piece discs to my car, quite surprised they are lighter than the one piece discs aswell!

Discs next to each other.

Still some room left on my 17" Avus

kwistof, Sam_, Pubemammal and 1 others like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    Got really wound up trying to remove double din stereo withcheap ebay keys. Finally admitted defeat after an hour.

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Fitted a new crank position sensor, not a job I want to have to do again in a hurry. But it's never fun working under a car on axle stands. But now I don't have to worry about getting stranded somewhere anymore :-)
    2000 APY S3

Neutral

Status
    Joey mod completed. Looks much better in black

Lavis89 likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Serviced the car today, including haldex oil and filter.

Also sorted my cat heat shield rattle as a couple of bolts had gone AWOL. Whilst I was under the car I noticed the exhaust back box heat shield was rattling too due to corroded nuts, so sorted those with some big washers and new nuts.

Also did the N249 delete, seems to make a difference to throttle response!
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moisty View Post
    Got really wound up trying to remove double din stereo withcheap ebay keys. Finally admitted defeat after an hour.
    I know the feeling lol, were can you get keys from that actually work ?
    2002 A3 1.8T

Status
    Ordered a set of D2S 6000k bulbs and a LED interior kit from Trups on here so hopefully it will arrive tues if poss and I can update the lighting a bit.

Neutral

Status
    Fitted new aero wiper blades.Goodyear blades from Costco .....what a difference and easy 5min job !!!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    My car went off to the bodyshop today, getting the rusty rear arch sorted and sprayed, a couple dents popped and the front bumper resprayed. After I've got it back and put my Fmic sorted I won't be spending any money for a little while, spent quite enough in the past 6 months.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I went for a hoon. thrashed the living crap out of it.

Parked it up, had a few beers, watched the f1.

Good day

<tuffty/> and The Doctor like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Received my full interior LED kit including number plate lights and a set of 6000k D2S bulbs from Trups on here (EM Tuning) all came individually labeled to make the install easier.

Managed to fit it all this afternoon and the difference seems much improved as its all crisp white now not dim yellow looking forward to it actually getting dark tonight to see the improved effect.

So in the meantime gave it a very quick wash inbetween rain showers.

5th Gear

Status
    Washed, decontaminated, clayed, polished and waxed the car today. Tomorrow I will put another coat of wax on it polish the wheels and do the inside.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

A3 TQS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MingeBlue View Post
    I know the feeling lol, were can you get keys from that actually work ?
    Audi, their only a couple of quid last time I looked, the ebay ones are too thin, doubling them up works though, well worked for me, it popped right out when I done that.

1st Gear

Status
    Had my MOT on Monday one split CV boot so not too bad really! Nice surprise for first MOT.

Neutral

Status
    Yup Audi out of stock at my local dealer but only 2 days to get them in £5.83 plus vat for 4

Neutral

Status
    All the paperwork came through for my registration transfer. So new plates fitted today

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    New intercooler turned up. wrong size inlets so straight back to the seller it went!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I've just had a reply from Audi UK in which they have sent me the press release from February 1999 which contains all the information about the Audi S3 when it was presented for the first time to the UK.

It also turns out I do have an Audi exclusive colour on my S3 before it was an official option
    Nilz and Lavis89 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Just fitted decat and s2000 filter big difference in noise sounds so much better! Pulls a lot better aswell just have too change my front grill surround and rear badges now

Status

My Social Networking

Any chance of getting the press release posted up on here Kwistof? Would be interested to have a read myself.
    2000 APY S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Sat on the M42 for three hours

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    Any chance of getting the press release posted up on here Kwistof? Would be interested to have a read myself.
    Yeah can do fella- I got it sent as a pdf and it's 16 pages long with some lovely marketing lingo

I'll message one of the regular S3 8L mods and forward the email to them with the attachment, and hopefully they can add it to somewhere in this chassis section for anyone who'd like to view it
    Nilz and CMcKenzie like this.
    2000 S3 APY