Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: What have you done today?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Just shelled out £130 for a new windscreen (and fitting), insurance wanted £80 and wasn't keen on going through them anyways. So no fun bits for me Should have my arm rest arriving today though to finish my interior off
    Pubemammal likes this.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    Just shelled out £130 for a new windscreen (and fitting), insurance wanted £80 and wasn't keen on going through them anyways. So no fun bits for me Should have my arm rest arriving today though to finish my interior off
    Why would you pay £130 instead of £80 for the same job? It has no effect on your insurance policy at a later date at all.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why would you pay £130 instead of £80 for the same job? It has no effect on your insurance policy at a later date at all.
    Few of my mates have done it that way and not gone through the insurance.....

Say the insurance company will only use 'x' supplier to get the windscreen.....if you know through friends/family that the 'x' supplier in your area is rubbish at their job then you may not want all the possible hassle/agro of when the bloke turns up with the wrong parts of fits the screen incorrectly.

I've seen and read some horror stories on windscreen replacements tbh and for the sake of a £50 difference in this case I suppose it's not to much to ask for a 'piece of mind' in knowing you will get a decent job done. To be fair £130 sounds an absolute bargain price for a brand new windscreen and all the trim fitted!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Then again if its not right, tell them to do it again as you would any purchase, insurance or not..
    I agree with Jo, it never gets mentioned again when you go through the windscreen cover route..so use it, your probably paying for the pleasure anyway.
    Pubemammal likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Then again if its not right, tell them to do it again as you would any purchase, insurance or not..
    I agree with Jo, it never gets mentioned again when you go through the windscreen cover route..so use it, your probably paying for the pleasure anyway.
    Well the majority of windscreen firms through the insurance companies will only come out to you from Monday-Friday 9-5, so it can sometimes be a tad difficult to rearrange something that should already have been correct in the first place - depending upon your work place and where your car is kept.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are many repairers from reputable companies that do a great job- but being able to pick and choose who you get to do it and at what time/place is something that when going through the insurance is not that flexible.

I mean come on- we are all car enthusiasts and I assume our cars are our pride and joy.

So IF (massive if there) I already knew there were some dodgy windscreen fitters in my area and seen the shoddy work and hassle they have made - then when I call my insurance company, they instruct me to use the same repairers I would be a bit dubious to use them for the sake of £50.
    I personally would prefer to pay a little extra to know I am getting a top job done with OEM parts done right the first time.

ps just 3 posts Dave for the big 10k!
    s3dave likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Booked mine in to see Mr Badger Bill on 17th of April for some proper software
    Pubemammal likes this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    It was a oem screen from a VAG enthusiast, so was more than happy to pay him the cash. I don't like using autoglass etc, one of their own employees told me to avoid them when he came out to assess a chip in my previous windscreen (not the one I've just had replaced, the one before that). The chip was in unrepairable, and he put me in contact with the person that supplied and fitted my new one. I try to avoid dealing with the insurance as much as possible anyways, out of sight out of mind.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

1st Gear

Status
    haldex sevice

5th Gear

Status
    Hi guys well I been busy changed 4 cv boots on the front 2 inner 2 outer 2 new kW front springs oil change new front bulbs nice wash , new track rod ends.

But needs new front Bushies, top mounts, and new alloys referrbing
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

5th Gear

Status
    Today I am recovering from the financial shock of having had a major cambelt change service, complete rear suspension bush replacement (Powerflex for inner & front mountings plus OEM for the hubs), replacing all shocks & springs with Bilstein B8/H&R/DaveS3 adjustable tie-bar set-up (luckily I already had these available) and a few other jobs for good measure.

But at least I am recovering in a fine-handling motor!

And another top thumbs-up recognition for C&R Enterprises in Nottignham for their excellent service and care of my car while completing this work.
    Nilz likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    How's your car feel with that suspension setup

5th Gear

Status
    Like new.

Firm, solid, and much less crashy than the OEM set-up over the bumps. Really like it.

Note - I haven't (yet) replaced the ARBs, and rear camber is currently set to the standard OEM angle.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Acquired a couple more bits to add to the pile. I'll get around to fitting them all one day. Leather arm rest and coil pack loom cover

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    And a day later....
    The arm rest was a bit of a pain to fit, cutting out the coin tray was a bit of guess work, but got some room for error, thankfully mine sits nicely over the cut out, none of it showing.

The conduit will look better once i've got my new painted valve cover on. but tidies up the cables nicely for now

CMcKenzie likes this.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    R32 rear anti roll bar fitted and poly bushed. Nothing to bad to fit just a tad fiddly and very annoying when it starts raining halfway through.

Still glad its done and am inside now in the dry
    The Doctor likes this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    And a day later....

The conduit will look better once i've got my new painted valve cover on. but tidies up the cables nicely for now

Where did you get the conduit from for the coilpacks?
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

Neutral

Status
    Got a new summer toy today itw not an audi but still vag $_12-7.jpg$_12-3.jpg$_12-2.jpg
    Nilz and Pubemammal like this.

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    I like them seats alot. Are they standard?
    2000 APY S3

Neutral

Status
    [QUOTE=CMcKenzie;2126208]I like them seats alot. Are they standard
    thanks mate i dont think they are i think the guy i bought it from had them done by recaro

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I got the condiut from someone on VAG parts for sale on Facebook, I think it's from a toureg originally, can get it from dealers, part number: 06F 971 824 C

Needs slight modification to get it to fit, just a bit of cutting with a stanley
    CMcKenzie likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Got my s3 mot'd : D! Bring on the summer!!
    s3 Hoggy and Lavis89 like this.

Status

My Social Networking

I got the condiut from someone on VAG parts for sale on Facebook, I think it's from a toureg originally, can get it from dealers, part number: 06F 971 824 C

Needs slight modification to get it to fit, just a bit of cutting with a stanley
    Will go nicely with the convoluted piping tuffty used on his injectors ;-)
    2000 APY S3

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Yea im going the same way as tuffty (apart from the big turbo and exhaust) and trying to tidy up my bay, already got a valve cover and inlet manifold in my living room waiting to be rubbed down and painted

1st Gear

Status
    Today I did my n275 removal and catch tank fitting,

Thought it was all over when I pulled my elbow out of the block and it came out in many pieces,

So bummed over to work and turned myself up an Insert and something to block my tip off.

Before

Broken elbow an bits I turned up,

Insert fitted

Job done for now.

Next weekend I'll swap my intercooler hoses to get rid of the last owners mod in the left hand hose.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    MOT'd and taxed the car then brought her home... I might have also plugged the N75 in and set to the low boost map too... well... it was low boost on the GT30... on the GT35 it appears to start at 1.2bar rising to 2bar... which is a bit like this...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Wait till you turn the boost up

I can't wait to see what 2.5 bar feels like on mine
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Cawsey

Status
    And a day later....
    The arm rest was a bit of a pain to fit, cutting out the coin tray was a bit of guess work, but got some room for error, thankfully mine sits nicely over the cut out, none of it showing.

Where did you buy the coil pack cover from mate?

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    Got a new summer toy today itw not an audi but still vag $_12-7.jpg$_12-3.jpg$_12-2.jpg
    Andy thats so cool. You going Early Edition?

Progress Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...thread%5D.html

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

Neutral

Status
    Bought an S3 8l
    The Doctor and Pubemammal like this.

2nd Gear

Status

Progress Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...thread%5D.html

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubemammal View Post
    Andy thats so cool. You going Early Edition?

Thanks mate she gets looks everywhere i go and ive only owned her for 24 hours haha. Im guessing Early Edition is a show ? Im new to modded cars but would love to attend.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Got mine running! Yayy! Didn't know there was a difference between pre facelift and facelift map sensors!
    its either mapped or broken...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Fitted my Chinese Plate mount to see how it looks

normal_Photo0881.jpg

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cawsey View Post
    Where did you buy the coil pack cover from mate?
    I got mine second hand, can buy the part from VW though, part number: 06F 971 824 C
    You need to cut a couple bits off with a knife but it's easy to do

Cawsey

Status
    I got mine second hand, can buy the part from VW though, part number: 06F 971 824 C
    You need to cut a couple bits off with a knife but it's easy to do
    Thanks mate

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

Neutral

Status
    Repainted my mirrors

Neutral

Status
    finally fitted my refurbed avus rims much better than the amg reps previous owner had on.10003091_10152058575461158_593580086_n.jpg1891185_10152058575366158_1535371202_n.jpg

Neutral

Status

Status

My Social Networking

Amazing weekend....so busy I didn't even get a moment to post on here.

Ended up driving 736 miles on Saturday to go and meet chaz and picking up an interior

Then yesterday went of to BTCC at brands hatch :D

Two days booked of from work now so I can get the full interior in
    chaz20vt likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status

My Social Networking

I also ended up cleaning my car before 6am on the Saturday morning lol
    The Doctor likes this.
    2000 S3 APY