headlight removal

Rob45

Reaction score
Got to get my pass side headlight out now ( 8L 2002)

Firstly, i see there is 2 securing bolts at the top for the headlight , whats at the bottom ???

Have seen thread for bumper removal , could i just get away with releasing the pass side and bottom bolts and letting it drop slightly to get to headlight lower mounts or would bumper need to come right off to carry this out ??

Last edited:
You need a long torx bit there is a hole on the slam panel next to the wing it's a very small hole

That's not helping lol .....whats this for ? To loosen what ...?
I know how to remove bumper and top headlight mounts , as said ,,, what's this torx bolt you mention ?

Ok cheers

Ok cheers guys, have found this , so nothing underneath then , looking at these spare units i have , i also see there is what looks like a locating peg that looks lke it may go into a rubber grommet ...

so looking at all this , do you think i can get away with just loosening the bumper away from the top , then once all headlight bolts are out ( 3 bolts ) it will come out , like i said with this lug , i would presume light would need to pull away to the side first away from wing ???????

10 min take te bumper off, easy stuff do a search.. think there is somthing in the skickies.

mark

yes, i see this , dont look behond me but what i am saying, does it need to come right off to get headlight out ??? i wont create more work unless i realy have to !!! ;-)

iirc there is a lip on the bumper that fits into a slot under the bottom of the head light, so u need to remove the bumper

mark

Ok mate Nice one , just gearing myself up for this so need to know before hand as dont want anything holding me up ... cheers again ...