Oettinger Exhaust

MJtheGOAT

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have searched the forum and can find nothing on the Oettinger exhaust system for the 8l. I have a quick question regarding the fitting of the exhaust!

They sell the back silencer and 2 pipes, and the main silencer separately. My question is, could I keep the standard long pipe running under the car and just buy the back piece with the 2 pipes/box and rear silencer or do I need the long pipe with the silencer in the middle? I'm guessing the bore is larger making connecting a problem, but would it sound nicer still or do I need the main silencer also? the pieces are on their website and I cant find them anywhere else but it sounds amazing as a friend in Germany has one on a yellow S3!

Thanks in advance for the help

Lorra money for this exhaust system! According to the link below, you can buy adaptors(I presume they are sleeves) to mate upto the standard system?

Oettinger Sportsystems GmbH - Products

For some reason, Oettinger isn't that popular over here in the uk, I know RSD in Daventry use to be the agent for them, but unsure if they still are? I only know of one 8L S3 on this forum that had an Oettinger remap, and I've been on here a while!