Rear end knock.

Grant-s3

Nogaro Blue
Reaction score
Got a very slight knock from my rear end when I change gear, it happens when I go from 1st to 2nd then bring the clutch up I hear it. All other gears are fine. Makes me believe it's maybe a bush etc ? My haldex Has been done, but it won't be that as it's only a slow jerky speeds I hear it. Once I'm up in 3rd etc the car stays smooth between changes. Any ideas on what this could be?

You mean rear of car or rear of engine ? rear of car could be spring broken , rear of engine could be dogbone mount from gearbox.

It's the rear of the car, it recently had new springs about 4k ago, and a powerflex dog none bush about 2k ago. My only theory is the rear bushes are shot, get a full upgraded kit for about £200. Might just fire them in see how it is, but first I will get it onto the ramp and have a good poke about try find any loose bits and bobs.

When a wheel bearing goes you can tell lol, a constant "burring" noise from the rear. This is more like a soft clunk, it's only when your doing slow speeds changing from 1st to 2nd and accelerating. The slightly jerk is causing something to knock