convenience module wiring diagram needed

gavin.m

Reaction score
Hi , does anyone have a wiring diagram for the convenience module, I am looking for the wire that sends the open/close signal from the doorlocks to the ccm.

Thanks

I trying to install a aftermarket remote locking on my sons car and have a wiring diagram for the kit, but need to know what wires on the central locking pump I have to connect to.
Someone please assist me... pretty please?

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the wiring diagram when I get home and see what I can tell.

Would it be worth bolting in a standard Audi remote central locking unit like Jay A3 did?

Maybe in the future, but for now this kit is quite handy as uses flip type key the same as audi use.

But we will keep a eye out for a audi one with keys.

Thank you for your help and If you could tell me what wire I need to connect to, that would be great

Thanks, altho looking for the wire that sends the lock/unlock signal that triggers the central locking pump.

The central locking done via the remote or lock in a door is all done with in the central locking pump.
That whole thing does everything.

I will take a look tomorrow for you but thinking on it, I don't think there is a separate cable with the lock or unlock signal.
Unless its sent to the interior light module or something.

Thanks mate, and yep I think 1 wire too, can set it to work with 1 or 2 wires, just need to know which wire/wires lol.i looked at a a4wiring diagram, but they have a lock and unlock cable? Cant find a a3 one anywhere

here are the full wiring instructions with the unit, I am going by figure f for negative pneumatic for the a3
20131115_203558.jpg

20131115_203551.jpg

Thanks, I did but I cant see a few of the wires on my car that was mentioned in that thread, maybe they changed it a little from 96-98?

Looking again, on the instructions on the other thread, there is a open and close wire?. If I followed that, what colour wire would I connect on my unit, as looking at the diagrams, on negative trigger there is only a opening signal connection?

Thanks, I tried and got it kind of working, I pressed lock and instead it unlocks car, but nothing happens when I press lock. Also had problems with stupid Scotchblocks not making proper connections, so may solder tomorrow, altho need to work out what wires I need to connect for the other switch circuit, can only think its needs another ground?.

Also strangely, since I did it all, and ive disconnected the new module until tomorrow, I have noticed the little red leds next to the door pins no longer flash when the car is locked.

Anyone have any idea why?

I also seem to have lost interior lights in the car and boot, so assuming I've blown a fuse somewhere?

This is the joys of aftermarket kits.

Its a lot of faffing and messing a bout and by the time you got it all done the OEM kit could have been in and coded.

I'm not sure why its stopped.
Some thing could have popped when the unit was plugged in.
But I don't know, sorry.

True altho I dont have vcds etc, and altho I have a obd ii cable but it won't recognise the audi in any app, it can't find the ecu, yet on my wifes fiesta it finds it, as well as in my car. Altho I think its because its a 96 a3, and isnt obd ii compliant? It does however have a obd port.

True altho I dont have vcds etc, and altho I have a obd ii cable but it won't recognise the audi in any app, it can't find the ecu, yet on my wifes fiesta it finds it, as well as in my car. Altho I think its because its a 96 a3, and isnt obd ii compliant? It does however have a obd port.

Where you based?
VCDS is not a problem if you got a friendly VCDS owner near you or talk to @udi A3, he helped Jay A3 doing exactly what you're trying to do.

Hi, I am in the south west in wiltshire. If anyone down this way could help with vcds, that would be great, but isnt this audi too old, as I dont think its obd compliant