Audi s3 wont start! Help needed!

Audimaatti

Reaction score
Hi fellow audi owners.

I have a problem. I own a 2001 s3. Yesterday my car started acting after a wash. Firstly the boot lock started opening on its own which i thought was only a nuicance. This morning when i tried to start my car, power came on (power in the battery) but when i turned the key to start, only a shortcircuit sound and then bettery fault light after few minutes. So where should i look for the problem? I'm freaking out :( please help me!

-fema||

Sounds like the battery is flat to me. Could be due to the alternator or just that the battery needs replacing.

You got any way to test the battery for voltage?

BTW, check that the boot light is going out after you closed the boot lid?
Also is your interior and dash lights dim?
Definitely get the battery tested and also the alternator.
A healthy alternator should be 14.6v or thereabouts. The battery voltage when the engine is running should be 13v+.

I haven't tested the battery yet. The lights weren't dim. Everything was on properly when the power was on but when i tried to start, heard like a shortcircuit and everything went off. When i turned the key back, everything came back on and within a minute the battery warning light came on. Could this all be due to faulty battery? Also the boot was making the opening sound constantly yesterday when the power was on but the car wasn't running.

Would it be possible that the battery is running low and the startmotor cuts the power when it doesn't run therefor making the sound? Maybe the boot has sucked all the juice, since there may be moisture after a wash.

So... My battery was like 6v so it was out allright... Should i remove the central locking from the boot to prevent it from shortcircuiting? Apparently someone has broken into my boot with force at some point since my key doesn't even go in. Wtf.