Audi a3 o2 sensor pleaseeee help!!

ticketyboo90

Reaction score
Hi all, i have the slowest version of the a3 (the 1.6!) engine code bfq. its a 52 plate with 76k! never had a service in well over 5 years!

So today i spent a full day servicing it! Changed pollen filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter and castrol 5w30 oil change. I replaced the oil level sensor as it constantly thought the oil was minimum. I took the sump off and cleaned the sump out and cleaned the oil pick up pipe to the pump (what a mess my drive is now!)

In the past 2/3 years its had a new throttle body and maf sensor, spark plug coils.
In the past few weeks its had a new thermostat housing unit, cambelt & water pump change. New starter motor.

As its been neglected service-wise is there anything else i should be looking for and doing to make it all the better?

I also have a eml that has came on and went off for the past few weeks. It is 100% the pre cat sensor. i have a new one from the stealership for £140.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET THE OLD ONE OUT! ITS SUCH A TIGHT SQUEZE DOWN THE BACK OF THE ENGINE! DO I TRY AND UNDO IT FROM ABOVE AND BEHIND OR UNDER THE CAR AND BEHIND? I orderd the wrong o2 sensor socket and it will not go over the sensor because of the wire so i have bought a new smaller type but have not used it yet!

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL!!

When i did mine on my 1.6 i took the plastic air intake off the top of the engine then had to remove the heatshield from the exhaust manifold.

pig of a job from what i remember