S3's everywhere!

ianmack

Reaction score
I am sure I see a lot more S3's than I used to on the road today. Also, the number up for sale seems to keep growing.

It's not because I have one now that I notice them more as I have had my eye on them for years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

I always thought Audi had a limited production run to keep residuals high and keep them rare. Where are they all coming from? Imports maybe or are they now more affordable for drivers who like to show them off!

What youse reckon?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

I would tend to agree with you - they do seem more frequent. I wonder if we can get some information from the latest SMMT data to check this. It depends on whether there is an S3 flag. Might like to check whether TT sales are down at the same time.

When i got my S3 in May the salesman told me they were reducing the number of S3 coming into the uk to keep the resale value high. Maybe could be imports pushing the numbers up.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyS3 said:
When i got my S3 in May the salesman told me they were reducing the number of S3 coming into the uk to keep the resale value high. Maybe could be imports pushing the numbers up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, Did you buy at Lomond? I bought mine around the same time.

Ian.

nah i got mine at stirling audi, they had 2 a silver and a black i got the black one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyS3 said:
nah i got mine at stirling audi, they had 2 a silver and a black i got the black one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, was that the Ex-demo car with the RSTTs? If it was I test drove that car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry, I wasn't toooooo hard on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was at Skegness today and didn't see a single S3, but I saw two RS4s. Wierd.

My A3 came from Edinburgh, but it was serviced at Stirling Audi on Kerse Road since 34K until I got it at 74K. If it was that same dealer it's a small world.

no mark mine has standard wheels on, so couldnt have been mine u test drove.

But i did like what i saw of stirling audi, it is the glanvargal group audi must be the worst car they sell [TVR Porsche Ferrari are the others they sell]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

....and I drove to John'O'Groats and back yesterday. Not a single S3. One yellow S4 Avant on the A9 though. Tooo many TTs to count /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Some immense roads north of Inverness.

Oh, why did I do it? I've never been there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Er, sorry for the slight thread hi-jack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:

Some immense roads north of Inverness.

Oh, why did I do it? I've never been there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a cracking drive!! The road to Skye via Fort William is also well worth a trip...especially with ESP off!

I passed two silver S3's on this trip recently - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ian.

Well i saw six S3's on my visit to QST, that was 920 miles so they aren't as common as the TT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jurruk said:
TT's are for show off! S3 is for the move!

What kind of specs are on S4, btw? 2.8 bi-turbo I'd guess.
How many bhp/kw?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old S4 is V6 2.7 bi-turbo 265bhp
New S4 is 4.2 V8 non turbo developing 253bhp
Sounds like you encountered one & came off worse?

[ QUOTE ]
New S4 is 4.2 V8 non turbo developing 253bhp

[/ QUOTE ]
the new S4 has 344bhp

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you encountered one & came off worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We don't even have S4 yet at where I live (not in UK). And I don't challenge cars I see are obviously more powerfull. Actually I don't challenge any cars, they challenge me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jurruk said:
They are still rear where I live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

There are TT's everywhere, but S3's - not that many.

But I never seen a single TT driver drive use his car to its possibilities. They're sissies, man!

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't been looking in the right places :
Brands, Silverstone, Castle Combe, Donington, Folembray, Nurburgring

Other than that I've simply been driving round France, Belguim, Germany, Italy, Austria, Monte Carlo, the Alps, etc

Maybe you simply missed me. Where have you been? We might be able to work out how we missed each other! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

P.S. You need to ask some of your S3 colleagues what it's like to be passed on track by a sissy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I am not even in Europe, man!

And I don't mean to say TT is not good performance. Its just that here I haven't seen a single TT owner drive his car hard. They cruise like at 80 km/h trying to look sooo cool. Thats what I meant by ''sissies''.

[1] Get yourself over to Europe and you'll find some posers but you'll also find many TT "drivers"

[2] You haven't demonstrated that your not a sissie ! - what sort of driving have you done? How many track days etc

P.S. I often see S3's driving around at the speed limit. Does this mean they and you are sissies or shall we not make sweeping generalist statements? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Agh War !

Have to admit that the TT drivers in the office tend to be wet and know nothing about their car..... I had a barney with one who told me te S3 was a completely different car because the body was different. Didn't seem to think that the engine had anything to do with the car !

Although there are obviously lots of TT drivers out there who do know their cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In the TTs defence, we had a TT at the Scottish meet. Believe me, he wasn't hanging about. Some might say it was a little too extreme at times...

It's just a different type of buyer in some cases. The TT is more likely to attract the "oh, that's nice" buyer than an S3. Hence they probably have a larger portion of folk more interested in the car than driving it. It's not the cars fault.

The fact that the TT comes in 180 and 225 show the point. Being available in 150 guise only hammers it home. You'd never get a 150 S3.

Each to there own and enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The S3 is like a wolf in a sheeps clothing, the TT is a really nice looking car, the S3 has more goodies though...... down to personal choice really...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said: The fact that the TT comes in 180 and 225 show the point. Being available in 150 guise only hammers it home. You'd never get a 150 S3.

Each to there own and enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

They wouldn't put an S3 badge on it but don't/didn't Audi made the same car in much lower specs! it makes me laugh that S3 owners think they have a different car rather than a top of the range A3!

P.S. 150 TT is only for the softtop brigade.

Just in case any one thinks I'm being aggy, I'm not. Just trying to show that you can't tar everyone with the same brush simply because they bought the same car. That's just being "car'ist". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[2] You haven't demonstrated that your not a sissie ! - what sort of driving have you done? How many track days etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Many drag races against: Mazda MX6. BMW: 318i, 330i, M3, 318 (Shnizer tuned), Nissan Sabre (highly modified: my friend's), A3 1.8T, A4 2.4, Civic V-Tec, WRX-Sti (whpped me though), Golf 4 GTi, Golf VR6, need I go on?

We have nice curved mountain road, which is wide enough though, so me and my friend often race there, at 1.00am when there are no cars/cops.

Never ever seen here anyone challenge me on TT. I tried challenge them many times, they just politely give way. Thats what I based my statement (above) on.

I'm glad to see you don't just go for the straight line sprints and that you do some actual driving! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's two non-sissies then out of ???,000 TT's and S3's!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
They wouldn't put an S3 badge on it but don't/didn't Audi made the same car in much lower specs! it makes me laugh that S3 owners think they have a different car rather than a top of the range A3!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't shatter my illusion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
[1] Get yourself over to Europe and you'll find some posers but you'll also find many TT "drivers"

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still drive around with a limp wrist...right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

hi. just thought i would comment on the original subject! i live on the algarve and there are only 5 S3's down here!!! lots of TT's but i have only seen 1 RS6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still drive around with a limp wrist...right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only until I can afford some light weight hairdressing scissors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only until I can afford some light weight hairdressing scissors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif