Audi a3 fuel filter

ticketyboo90

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1.6 52 plate a3 engine code bfq. It's never been serviced in I imagine over 5 years. I have changed pollen filter. Air filter. Full oil change and filter. Had the manifold off to change the spark plugs (nightmare) However need to change fuel filter. Where is this located and how easy/hard is this to do. I am a plumber, so I'd say I'm more familiar with push fit fittings then a mechanic. I use fittings with gas, kerosene oil, LPG etc so don't worry I'm not silly. I know being a plumber is no mechanic. But cars are just like boilers once you realise what part makes what part work, be carefull with everything you touch, and using the correct sealants etc I know all this.... Just need a little guidance for changing it and it's location. Thanks

You have to go under the car and where is a tank there is the fuel filter - under by rear right wheel. No art to change that filter, all you need a screwdriver or key 10 (can not remember).You just need to watch filter properly install, because filter have flow direction (you have arrow on the filter- in / out) - thats it

it looks like this:
c5e61d00f06630454745f166244cbb392aa8ccdap.jpg