New (old) s3 ... some pics after its first good wash!

Adam_S3

Reaction score
Had my s3 for a few weeks now and am loving it. Had a mk5 Fiesta zetec s before this, i loved it or at least thought i did before i got this. The difference in refinement between the two is crazy, audi is such a nice place to be compared to the fiesta... and the fiesta was 2 years newer. No big plans for it other than avoiding putting coilovers on it at any cost and possibly a remap once i get a few things sorted.

Anyway ... spent the weekend giving it a quick detail and once over with the machine polisher... came up pretty well. Here's some pictures...

693o.jpg

4yn6.jpg

7bx8.jpg

lc4c.jpg

c0lg.jpg

ud9m.jpg

And my old car...

20120203124740.jpg

Reactions: Gops
WOW! that is immaculate, looks like there are no defects! I did mine a few weeks ago, you can't beat a clean and polished up s3 :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Gops and Adam_S3
Both cars look awesome. Wish mine was half as clean. You guys both on factory paint?

Reactions: Adam P
Cheers guys. Yeah it's original paint as far as I'm aware, I got the fiesta resprayed so am glad the s3 doesn't need it. In the sun it can look slightly faded, but hopefully a bit more time with the machine polisher will bring it back a bit more. Not a single bump or dent, the only thing is the front bumper is slightly off colour compared to the rest. :ermm:

Fair play, it looks awesome. One of my friends has also just bought an s3 and we looked at quite a few and the paintwork and body work on most was not great until we found one hidden away in a small village up north. Its definitely worth hunting for one which is mechanically sound as well as cosmetically good too. The pic above was after i had given it a once over with a machine polisher, since then i have had a professional company super guard the entire car and I'm chuffed with it now. The car had a few paint swirls and light scratches which have now gone. What products are you using? compound? waxes etc ? You have got a lovely finish. :cool:

Fair play, it looks awesome. One of my friends has also just bought an s3 and we looked at quite a few and the paintwork and body work on most was not great until we found one hidden away in a small village up north. Its definitely worth hunting for one which is mechanically sound as well as cosmetically good too. The pic above was after i had given it a once over with a machine polisher, since then i have had a professional company super guard the entire car and I'm chuffed with it now. The car had a few paint swirls and light scratches which have now gone. What products are you using? compound? waxes etc ? You have got a lovely finish. :cool:
Surprisingly this was the first one i went to see. I have a bad habit of only seeing one car and falling in love lol! Luckily this one is a good one i think...
I have a kestrel DA with meguiars 83 and 85 (i think) plus hexlogic pads. Need to get some new options for this car as my pads are getting a bit tatty. Also clay barred this before polishing, surprisingly the roof and bonnet and the worst contamination :huh: And i used a meguiars carnuba wax on it. I have just realised i might be a meguiars fan boy...

I am also a meguiars fan however have got a few kleers products and poor boys aswell. The purple haze deep shine works great on mine being a darker colour. Super guard do some great leather interior bits i would recommend if your thinking of trading the leather inside. Have you thought about doing the brake callipers yellow too?

I did mine last weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Adam P
Looking good Gops! I see you have different wheels? Looks good, i used to have rstts.

I try not being too bothered by the body as mine was bought to use on tracks, but seeing these makes me want it mint. Mines black so its swirl city and a guy was due to machine polish it and turns out its had a lot of very thin/ poor paint work.so he refused to do it.Gutted!! Great cars guys. Quite Jealous here. Daz

All really nice cars guys. I'm waiting for a gap in this crappy weather to give mine a good going over!