new engie or replacement

deac666

Reaction score
Hi all , ive had a big time engine issue and need a new engine. my current engine code is ary on a 2002 a3 tqs 6 speed.

Are there any other engine codes that would be a direct fit using my gearbox and clutch as I have just had these done.
Hope someone can help.

Shall post some pictures of the damage so you can all see what some people do with welders and conrods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers jon

ARY is a 180hp motor, so it should be similar to the AUQ and AUM engines commonly found in A3 and Golfs.

You can also use the S3 motors mentioned above, but they're likely to be more expensive.

More or less any transverse 1.8t will fit though, especially if you've got all the anciliary parts to swap over.

Thanks for the reply's

I would like to swap out the whole engine ancillaries included if I could find the right engine complete. as I do not know if there is any other damage due to the bodge job that has been done.

So I want a direct fitting engine that will work with my wiring and gearbox because I have just done 6 hundred on the clutch etc. I do not want to be swapping boost hoses pipes etc.

So if anyone could give me a list of engine codes including the above mentioned ones would be a great help.

So the bodge job was (post pics tomorrow) the conrod shell cap has worn or something where the side spacers things go. so some mupet has groung it out and welded one into the ground out area the put a new side spacer in and put it back together. oil light came on so inspected by taking sump off big end shells had spun and one side spacer was in sump. as for the other 3 rods I have not looked has I was rather ****** off. probably got the names of parts wrong but you will get the idea when I post the pics tomorrow.

Im new to the audi scene so sorry for all questions just want to make sure I get things right before I go ahead buying parts etc.

Cheers jon

So

In my belief its pretty beeping crazy.

So please engine codes please pretty please. as above want to do an engine out engine in swap.

Want it to be as easy as an engine swap can be.

Cheers all

checkout backdraft theres also firms which advertise on ebay for engine replacement

As mentioned, ANY transverse 1.8t.

Little things might need swapping, but theres plenty of us that will guide you through that when youve got your hands on one.

103 1829103 1830103 1828103 1827103 1826103 1825103 1824103 1823what do you all think then???? this is just on one rod not looked at the rest yet!!!

Last edited:
103 1814103 1816103 1819all pipe work and wiring disconnected (I think) so just shafts and prop to go and then mounts and out I hope.

Been looking for replacement engines, will golf engine work agu, aum, arz, auq????

cheers jon

If its of any assistance I have a bare APY code engine for sale covered 67k with full service history. Would need to use your ancillaries but other than that I believe it would be a direct fit, feel free to pm me if its any interest, after £500 Ono! Very unlucky with the bodge, some people shouldn't be allowed near an engine! It's upsetting when someone's poor workmanship and unwillingness to do the correct repair causes problems for someone with their pride and joy!

would really like to get a complete engine with all parts included. then I can refurb and paint various parts and the swap them over when I can. but will bear your motor in mind.

cheers jon